In this role you will:
- Establish plant short and long-range strategic operating objectives. Oversee plant operations including production, field, warehouse, shipping and receiving, maintenance and office management; ensures compliance with federal and state regulations; monitors and enforces quality control standards; forecasts and schedules production; develops and/or approves all plant operating policies.
- Direct, manage and develop supervisory personnel to ensure efficient and safe operation of the plant.
- Establish, communicate, implement and enforce safety programs and procedures.
- Establish and monitor plant operating budget; prepares and analyzes profit and loss statements; identifies and implements improvements to positively affect profitability. Recommends purchase of all capital equipment and plant expansion.
- Identify all possible sources of raw material while monitoring quality and cost effectiveness; negotiate supplier and vendor contracts and ensures the quality of all purchased supplies and services.
- Establish and monitor plant compensation levels to ensure internal equity and external competitiveness; reviews subordinate recommendations for salary adjustments of lower level supervisory, office and hourly personnel.
- Foster and maintain a high level of customer service through on-time deliveries, responsiveness to customer needs and ensuring that the quality of the shipped product meets all customer quality requirements.
- Communicate with other plant managers to share ideas and resources. Works with Director of Regional Operations, salespeople and corporate office personnel to ensure efficient operation of plant.
- Develop and maintain positive community relations: participates in community activities and/or organizations to promote good will and a positive company image.
The perfect person will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (highly preferred), Supply Chain or other related field
- Minimum 5 years of overall manufacturing experience in a leadership role, including responsibility for P&L, safety, quality, associate development, production, and financial and inventory management
- Track record of building a high-performing team to succeed in a demanding, fast-moving, and growth-oriented atmosphere
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills with a proven record of building strong relationships and collaborating with frontline associates through senior company leaders
- Keen business acumen and attention to detail with a solid record of leading change and delivering superior safety and business results
- Working knowledge of all facets of manufacturing including continuous improvement, team building, safety, associate relations, quality, customer service, purchasing, distribution, marketing and financials.
What we do for our associates (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage with discounted generic prescriptions and wellness incentive program.
- Unbelievable 401K match and discounted stock purchasing program.
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
- Generous vacation day policy.
- Various associate engagement activities throughout the year including intramural sports leagues.