At Scotts Miracle-Gro we think people are like plants....in the right place you will grow and flourish. Are you an advocate of making the world a more beautiful place by inspiring others, championing new ideas and being intellectually curious? Are you not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty? If so, then we want you as part of our Scotts family… the world's largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden care products!
If you enjoy “running your own show” in a fast-paced, high energy and seasonal manufacturing environment then you will fit in well as a Plant Manager for Scotts Miracle-Gro. On a day-to-day basis you can be involved with financial, safety, associate development, quality and customer service in the Everett, WA facility and want you to have the autonomy to make key decisions which will directly affect the overall performance of the facility.
At the Everett plantyou will oversee the manufacturing, production and distribution of our dirt/mulch productsand directly manage a team of 15-30 salaried, hourly, full-time and temporaryassociates. What we need out of you is the ability to own the P&L of your facility and also roll up your sleeves and get dirty out on the production floor from time-to-time.
In this role you will:
- Establishes plant short and long-range strategic operating objectives. Oversees plant operations including production, field, warehouse, shipping and receiving, maintenance and office management; ensures compliance with federal and state regulations; monitors and enforces quality control standards; forecasts and schedules production; develops and/or approves all plant operating policies.
- Directs, manages and develops supervisory personnel to ensure efficient and safe operation of the plant.
- Establishes, communicates, implements and enforces safety programs and procedures.
- Establishes and monitors plant operating budget; prepares and analyzes profit and loss statements; identifies and implements improvements to positively affect profitability. Recommends purchase of all capital equipment and plant expansion.
- Identifies all possible sources of raw material while monitoring quality and cost effectiveness; negotiates supplier and vendor contracts and ensures the quality of all purchased supplies and services.
- Establishes and monitors plant compensation levels to ensure internal equity and external competitiveness; reviews subordinate recommendations for salary adjustments of lower level supervisory, office and hourly personnel.
- Fosters and maintains a high level of customer service through on-time deliveries, responsiveness to customer needs and ensuring that the quality of the shipped product meets all customer quality requirements.
- Communicates with other plant managers to share ideas and resources. Works with Director of Regional Operations, salespeople and corporate office personnel to ensure efficient operation of plant.
- Develops and maintains positive community relations: participates in community activities and/or organizations to promote good will and a positive company image.
The perfect person will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (highly preferred), Supply Chain or other related field
- 5-7years overall manufacturing experience.
- Experience in a supervisory or lead role is highly desired, specifically in associate
development and safety.
- Experience in the following functional areas is required: budgetary, capital planning, P & L responsibilities, associate development, and safety.
- Experience in the following functional areas is preferred but not required: commodity/processing plant management, inventory controls management, sales and customer service.
- Working knowledge of all facets of manufacturing including continuous improvement, team building, safety, associate relations, quality, customer service, purchasing, distribution, marketing and financials.
Some other nice to have’s
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are required.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, problem solve in a fast paced environment and direct others to achieve required goals.
- Excellent computer skills are required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Spanish fluency is preferred.
What we do for our associates (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage with discounted generic prescriptions and wellness incentive program.
- Onsite wellness center which includes: state of the art fitness facility, Walgreen’s pharmacy and Doctor’s office. Colleagues and their family can receive complimentary care from this facility.
- Unbelievable 401K match and discounted stock purchasing program.
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
- Generous vacation day policy.
- Various associate engagement activities throughout the year including intramural sports leagues.