This position is responsible for leading all aspects of continuous improvement at this location, multi-product operation that services both Life Sciences and/or Process Systems business units.
The Plant Manager holds the leading responsibility for the plant facility and its operations. Managers of the Production, Engineering, Materials Management, World Class Manufacturing (WCM), Finance, Quality, HUman Resources and EHS functions report directly to the manager.
Customer Service, R&D, Marketing and product support are located within the site and report to various other managers.
- Planning and Operations: Manage, direct and coordinate all operations directly related to production and shipment of all products produced by the facility: Materials Management, Manufacturing and Manufacturing Systems, Facilities Engineering/Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Shipping and Receiving, Process Engineering and Purchasing. Manage, direct and coordinate plant staff (Human Resources and Finance) functions. Prepare operational plans and budgets and report to appropriate management on actual performance vs. those plans.
- Personnel Development: Design and administer effective Human Resources programs to equip employees to achieve business goals and to foster career development and organizational succession plans. Staff all above functions, as appropriate to the most effective achievement of operational goals and objectives. Establish a succession plan with the facility for key positions and plant operations.
- Technology Leadership: Identify inefficiencies in plant operations and drive systematic cost improvement and state-of-the-art processing through WCM program. Prepare and submit CAPEX projects to support the efficiency improvements.
- Safety and Communications: Ensure that the facility is operating safely and in full environmental compliance. Serve as principal facility communications liaison with other Fluid Systems sites and external contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in materials, manufacturing, chemical or mechanical engineering is required.
- Master’s degree, business or technical related field is preferred.
- 5+ years' of progressive operations experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in the Life Sciences industry is strongly preferred.