The CertainTeed Plant Manager is responsible for the overall management, direction, and coordination of the Siding (Stone) manufacturing facility in Quakertown, Pennsylvania to assure the continuous and efficient operation of the site while meeting the company's goals for safety, quality and profitability. Responsible for overseeing all plant activities including EHS, quality & process control, warehouse, shipping, production, HR, budgeting, maintenance, and plant engineering. The Plant Manager will support these areas while also ensuring the products produced exceed industry standards and secures a market leadership position while achieving a workplace environment that is safe and healthy for employees and the community. Additionally, the Plant Manager will foster continuous development of employees and teams to achieve performance excellence. The Plant Manager reports to the VP of Operations for Siding.
- Manage all aspects of plant operations through plant staff to ensure the site meets or exceeds the key performance indicators for safety, quality and service while minimizing cost, inventory and waste. Implement programs for continuous improvement and profit management for all operations while working closely with the LOB (Line of Business) team (to assure a close connection to sales opportunities) and with R&D for NPD (New product development).
- Implement, set and maintain site KPI's and programs in accordance with SPG Policy Deployment, to ensure that the plant meets / exceeds Company requirements for Health, Safety and Environment. Identify and pursue continuous improvement programs for HSE and Quality Assurance. Maintain high standards of safety, housekeeping (5S) and environmental awareness among all employees.
- Selects and provides continuous development of direct reports to support the high performance organization philosophy.
- Develop and recommend yearly production plan based on projected sales plans and projected costs; Identify opportunities for growth in capacity and capability. Budget for equipment & facilities maintenance cost.
- Assure compliance of all Plant Operations with company policy, and Federal, State and Local regulations while maintaining strict compliance with Saint-Gobain Principles of Conduct.
- 15 -25 years’ progressive operations experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5 -10 years’ experience at Plant Manager level (50-200 person) OR Plant Superintendent (200-500-person plant)
- Bachelor’s degree/ Undergraduate degree in Technical discipline; Engineering preferred.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills with the ability and interest in developing and coaching others and have strong communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing including the ability to see broad business issues and be able to develop and execute plans towards objectives.
The following qualifications are not required, but highly preferred:
- Experience with material handling equipment and the demonstrated ability to learn the specific technology. Experience in a cement/concrete preferred.
- Lean, Six Sigma training/certification (GB or BB) and understanding of the associated problem solving tools.