11 - 15 years experience • Food & Beverage
Candidate should have bottling experience. Candidates without bottling experience will not be considered.
Food manufacturing/ food safety background.
Candidate should ideally have 7-10 yrs of exp. This is a newly generated position. Earlier the floor managers were directly reporting to the Director. They are not to excited about considering anyone more than 10 years of exp.
Looking for someone who is very passionate about his work.
Experience in OSHA, GMP Quality Mgt.
The plant manager will have about 4-5 direct reports and about 50 indirect reports.
No relocation is paid, but they will consider candidates who are willing to self- relocate.
There is a potential of some bonus.
Interview Process: Phone interview with HR Manager, followed by HM and then onsite 3 hr interview.
Reports To: Chief Operation Officer
Direct Reports: Production Manager, Maintenance Manager, Continuous Improvement (CI) Supervisor and Sanitation Lead
The Plant Manager is responsible for managing the entire production facility and maintaining the Company’s maintenance and packaging facility, reporting directly to the Chief Operation Officer.
This role establishes plant policies and procedures, ensuring the processing schedule is met within time allotment and product is shipped accurately without shortfall.
The Plant Manager is responsible for meeting plant production and zero waste goals and fostering a well-trained and motivated staff.
Nutiva employees are expected to embrace Nutiva’s four values of Innovation, Purity, Community, and Well-Being. These values guide our team in representing Nutiva to our associates, vendors, and customers.
- Supervise a staff of approximately 60 + production, maintenance, sanitation and continuous improvement employees.
- Directly manage Production & Maintenance Manager, Continuous Improvement and Sanitation Supervisors.
- Lead, coach, enforce, empower and direct hourly and salaried manufacturing and maintenance employees to perform and achieve in line with Company values and strategy and department goals adhering to Human Resources processes and policies.
- Guide employees so they understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures and Quality Standards.
- Provide technical training/coaching to Maintenance Mechanics, Production Technicians and Sanitation staffs.
- Review daily Production Labor Tracking Report with Production Team to insure cost/output are consistent with standard costs and lead adjustments as required.
- Review processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Monitor production inputs and outputs to minimize product loss, and ensure the plant operates efficiently, safely, and meets all quality standards.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain Director and team to develop weekly production schedule for Richmond facility.
- Encourage and explore feasibility of world class manufacturing techniques, and oversee customization and upgrading of equipment in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Implement one point lessons (OPL) for all machinery operation.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Production/Packaging, Maintenance and Sanitation and departments. This includes Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all practices around production to insure consistency from shift to shift.
- Track and improve changeover.
- Implement Value Stream Mapping (VSM) for all lines to streamline production and increase capacity.
- Execute technical tasks hands-on with a strong emphasis towards insuring proficient packaging/bottling operations.
Production and Logistics relating to Production/Packaging Facility:
- Develop Shipping and Receiving polices including order pulling to support packaging area.
- Assist Warehousing in developing efficient orderly operations.
- Assure accurate daily reports are complete to be entered in Great Plains and Quality Control requirements are maintained as per directive.
- Maintain a clean manufacturing environment including changing rooms, bathrooms & production break room.
- Prepare, control and execute the facility’s annual overhead budget, and “direct labor costs” target.
- Supervise all maintenance programs and staff relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the property.
- Research and procure all equipment related to the facility (i.e. sealers, forklifts).
- Develop, recommend, and implement the maintenance improvement plan for the plant, including the preparation and execution of the annual capital expenditure budget (for supplies, equipment and pallet racking systems).
- Negotiate service contracts with outside vendors to achieve the highest levels of performance at the lowest cost in compliance with the Company’s values, standards, and guidelines for business conduct.
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to maximize value.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external and internal customers including Public Works, Fire Department, external contractors, etc.
- Support new product initiatives as developed. Ensure all required resources are addressed and obtained to ensure successful product launches. Participate in process improvement with reference to the whole supply chain.
- Maintain a green facility in compliance with CA Green Business certification; including practices supporting energy and water conservation and efficiency, green cleaning products, hazardous waste minimization and wastewater and surface runoff.
- Manage the zero waste programs and provide leadership and guidance to Production/Packaging, and Maintenance departments.
- Interact with administrative support personnel, review daily activity, operation, sales and inventoryreports to determine changes required in the facility to improve accuracy, productivity, quality and efficiency of Company’s financials.
- Establish safety as a top priority in training, equipment, job design, work assignments and regulatory compliance.
- Develop earthquake and emergency planning procedures.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
- Head up the Safety Committee and manage monthly safety inspections.
- Make sure Nutiva complies with OSHA. Develop and update the company’s IIPP.
- Maintain compliance with company, local, state and federal regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices, sanitation, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines and other appropriate programs (Organic, Kosher, pest control or third party Audit programs).
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
Position-Specific Skills Required
- 7-10 years of experience which includes supervisory responsibility in a fast-growth, food manufacturing environment
- Good leadership and administrative skills
- Well organized with ability to multitask
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good trouble shooter
- Understands financials and budgets to ensure productions costs remain under budget
Leadership Skills Required
- Proven experience successfully leading manufacturing teams.
Technical Skills Required
- Bottling and packaging line experience is required
- BS/BA degree in business or industrial management or engineeringpreferred, although strong relevant experience in a similar type of manufacturing environment will also be considered
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Warehouse environment.
- Extensive computer/keyboarding work as well as other office equipment.