Printpack is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Plant Manager for the Grand Prairie, TX Films Plant. This position is responsible for; providing leadership to achieve plant goals and company objectives, creating an atmosphere of teamwork focusing on adding value for our customers and Printpack, and achieving the highest standard of excellence. This position will report to the Director, Manufacturing.
The Plant Manager is responsible for:
- Support a culture of safety within the plant and ensure all plant safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans that support the business goals for the plant and Printpack’s strategic initiatives.
- Manage productivity, quality, waste and safety initiatives.
- Manage and improve manpower utilization within existing departments and processes. Schedule stability that allows for maximum return on efficiencies.
- Create a work environment that encourages associates to participate in problem solving activities and provide constructive input and action items.
- Facilitate the professional and personal growth and development of all direct reports, including providing appropriate feedback.
- Support the teamwork of all internal departments working effectively together to achieve external customer satisfaction.
- Manage spending against budget and in relation to changes in production volume.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in converting manufacturing processes.
- Minimum of 2 years of managerial experience.
- Lean manufacturing experience is strongly preferred
- Films Co-extrusion experience is strongly pre