- Looking for a strong ops leader with proven experience" someone who understands operations growing into a multi-site plant manager position.MUST have managed others.MUST have Driven safety.
- Currently 120 people onsite - expanding to add another 30
- ***Someone to drive SAFETY, as it is their premier site. Also drive quality, process improvement
- Also needs someone in 3-4 years to advance and be mobile - Either domestic or International
- Needs someone with non-union xp Site MFGs - excipients, intermediates, additives
- Complex chemical process 80% - Fine chemicals 20% discovery sciences
Plant Manager Role
- Leadership for all aspects of manufacturing operations for the site.
- Assures safe working environment for employees and environmental compliance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of FDA, EU and ICH regulatory requirements and the implementation of cGMP processes used in the pharmaceutical and food industries.
- Assures regulatory compliance and positive community relations.
- Works with customers and quality group as necessary to ensure requirements are met.
- Develops the annual operating plan/budgets and continuously reviews the plan compliance with respect to production, yields, and fixed costs. Answers variances from the plan.
- Works with the Operations and business leadership team to develop strategy, annual operating and other business plans.
- Manages the capital budget for the responsiblelocation.
- Manages raw material, production schedules, finished product inventories and logistics of shipments.
- Manages the engagement, performance and development of the staff.
- Implements necessary plant improvements as dictated by business needs.
- Champions Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Directs manufacturing and shipping to assure timely delivery of product and receipt of raw materials.
- Conforms to ISO 9001, ISO 14000 and other manufacturing standards.
- Participates in Sales and Operations Planning processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in a technical discipline (preferably Chemistry or Chemical Engineering).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as an Operations Manager within a Manufacturing or Pharmaceutical environment
- Preference to include knowledge of safety, cGMP practices, production, and quality.
- Minimum of 5 years of plant and/or regional leadership experience.
- Excellent communication ability and use of facilitation skills to align plant to business objectives.
- Strong personal leadership, vision and organizational capability that connects with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop and execute plant budget and have overall P&L responsibility.
- Understands the importance of being a highly visible leader that engages with employees throughout operations.
- Strong technical and operational background recognizing the sensitivity of customer requirements.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in a matrix operating climate.