Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines and establishes long-term and short-term objectives consistent with the business strategy, financial targets, sales forecasts and other related factors.
- Responsible for the overall business P&L.
- Develops and proposes an Annual Plan and Capital Expense budget.
- Develops the weekly operating forecast, measures result and develops actions to correct any gaps or deficiencies.
- Executes to the approved plan and budget.
- Actively coaches and develops direct reports.
- Encourages the development of improved manufacturing methods, layouts, equipment, and techniques. Conducts a continuous cost reduction program throughout the plant.
- Plans, organizes and implements the necessary controls and measurements to ensure the efficient, cost effective manufacturing operations that obtain objectives in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality and Customer Satisfaction.
- Works directly with suppliers and internal.
- Reviews plant results both with division and corporate leadership as well as plant-based personnel.
- Ensures quality standards are met through testing products as necessary, identifying root cause for any defects and implementing action plans to remove manufacturing deficiencies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required (Engineering focus strongly desired)
- Minimum 8+ years of manufacturing experience
- Significant experience (ideally 5+ years) in a Plant Manager role in a large manufacturing facility ,large Plant a plus
- Automotive manufacturing experience
- Experience implementing Lean Manufacturing
- ISO or IATF16949 certified manufacturing environment experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- manufacturing:8 plus
- Lean Manufacturing: 3 years
- Plant Management in a large manufacturing facility: 5 plus years
- ISO or IATF16949 mfg. environment automotive/commercial