*Candidates must have experience and demonstrated success in large complex manufacturing operations with metals processes**
Plant Manager Summary:
The Plant Manager oversees all plant operations to ensure all customer requirements are met on the plant floor on a timely basis. This position will direct and coordinate activities of the company operation/plant to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits.
Plant Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the plant operational activities to ensure the safety of associates, high product quality standards and production schedules are met so that the P&L is positively managed at or below budgeted cost to established specifications.
- Responsible for meeting budgets and managing financial results.
- Able to manage key KPI metrics and characteristics to identified operational targets.
- Analyzes plant budget to identify areas in which reductions can be made.
- Responsible for the objectives necessary to meet production, quality and plant safety standards.
- Responsible for managing the overall Plant activities, including P&L performance.
- Influence positive change and continuous improvements using Lean, TPS, and trained problem solving methodologies.
- Direct changes in methods, planning and processing required to meet or exceed forecasts and control costs.
- Ensures compliance with all safety procedures and ensures safe working procedures in assigned production areas.
- Responsible for continuous improvement activities for the plant.
- Ensure customer requirements are met on a continual basis.
- Proactively work with customers to resolve issues.
- Leads in the professional development of operational leaders.
- Develops and executes manufacturing strategy delivering on committed financial performance and customer service.
- Follows safety regulations and enforces compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) is required.
- Must have recent experience managing an Automotive manufacturing plant.
- Trained or certified in Lean Manufacturing or Toyota Production System and/or other problem solving methodologies.
- Strong record of selecting and developing very competent professional staff.
- Track record of delivering strong continuous improvement results.
- Must have proficient knowledge of profit loss statements and balance sheet financial reporting.
- Proven record of implementing and operating within data driven or metrics driven management systems.
- Familiar with TS-16949 policies and procedures.
- New Program Launch experience required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Ability to motivate a team environment, help drive results, and delegate authority to subordinate personnel.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.