8 - 10 years
Posted 45 days ago
Our client is an industry leader in the manufacture of store fixtures and shelving systems for the past 60 plus years. Our client has grown to 4.3 million square feet with 2, 200 employees in eight (8) facilities (North Plant Omaha-West Plant Omaha Distribution Center Omaha-Joplin, Missouri-Middlebury, Indiana-McClure, PA Scottsboro, AL-Main Office/Headquarters, Omaha).
The company culture is driven for results, customer-focused, analytical, innovative, highly values continuous improvement and evolving to understand that the retail customer is changing. Our client sees a major opportunity to offer innovation to add tremendous value to retail's creative challenges and their quickly evolving landscape.
The company is changing along with their customers but their core values and work ethic will remain the same.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Plant Manager will provide leadership and direction for large plant-wide operations (400 employees-approximately 500, 000 square feet) to ensure all resources are identified and utilized to achieve business goals.
• Develop a strong management team that supports the plant's objectives.
• Identify individuals and develop a plan to prepare them for higher-level positions.
• Provide solid expectations and drive accountability through all departments.
• Develop, implement and drive continuous improvement objectives in manufacturing and the support departments.
• Develop, implement and maintain structure for achieving safety, quality, respect and caring goals. • Responsible for financial measurements including budgets, cost standards and productivity measurements.
• Responsible for developing and driving capacity planning.
• Responsible for plant wide staffing strategy.
• Work collaboratively across all plants and all levels of the organization to effectively meet objectives.
• Demonstrates regular attendance and timeliness in reporting to work, meetings and completing assignments.
• Ability to work and interact well with others.
• Participates in collective bargaining process.
• Supports company-sponsored community and wellness activities.
• Minimum of 7 years of manufacturing management experience in a similar size plant site (400 employees)
• Experience in a union environment preferred
• Manufacturing knowledge in areas such as equipment, processes, tooling, materials, safety and housekeeping
• Production planning experience in made to order and made to stock operations
• Continuous Improvement skills and mindset
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Ability to recognize waste and/or losses and identify a solution to reduce or minimize losses through recognition, utilization and prioritization of resources
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills
• Collaborative plus decisive leadership style
• Ability to work as a team across all functionalities of the business
• Ability to expertly develop staff
• Lead the department for continuous improvement
• Analytical/quantitative problem resolution
• Ability to make good decisions in a fast paced and changing environment
• Strategic and tactical leader; can look ahead and plan for the next 5 years
• Bachelor's Degree required. Degrees in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Business Administration preferred
• Advanced degree or additional training in Lean Manufacturing a plus