Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions, a rapidly growing division of the Nation’s largest heavy construction materials business, is looking for a Plant Manager to join our team in Napoleon, Ohio. The Napoleon facility is a multi-million dollar plant that will supplies injection molded, structural foam molded and rotationally molded plasticinfrastructure products to a national customer base. We are investing heavily in the people, plant and equipment to achieve world-class operational excellence.
The Plant Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the Napoleon location comprised of a plastic molding manufacturing facility and a distribution operation. The primary purpose of the position is to direct the activities of the entire site operations and lead the team in exceeding expectations along our key focus areas of Safety, Customer Service, Operational Excellence, Growth, and People/Team Development.
- Safety and Employee Focus - Manage & promote Plant, Business Unit & Corporate programs and processes. Ensure implementation of Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions philosophy of sincere concern for the health and safety of all employees.
- Customer Service and Product Quality Management - Provide leadership for the business unit in creating and communicating superior value for our customers. Manage resolving customer complaints and concerns and help to identify root cause and implement corrective action for product and service offerings that do not conform to the expectation of internal and external customers.
- Operating Excellence - Manage the facility within the agreed upon budgeted cost for expense, capital, and staffing guidelines. Lead continuous improvement efforts in production, product quality, maintenance reliability, housekeeping and logistics through root cause analysis (RCA). Lead maintenance team to achieve world class performance in machine availability.
- Growth - Identify key Capital investment projects to meet current and future production capacity requirements in conjunction with strategic business objectives and forecasts of sales growth.
- People & Team Development - Hire, train, develop and engage people so they have opportunity to learn and achieve their maximum potential to create highly effective, high performing teams. Provide leadership to staff, assessing performance, and directing all operational activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills and the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Strong production management skills - sound knowledge related to the production, processing and handling of different manufacturing equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and methodlogies.
- Proven success in providing superior service to customers and at providing customer solutions.
- The ability to manage change and pursue continuous learning and improvement.
Skills (applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position)
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Good decision making skills.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Strong computer and system skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and listening skills.
- Strong action orientation, drive for results.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Highly focused on exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, operations or engineering preferred.
- 5 plus years of Plant/General Management Experience.
- Experience managing employees, production, equipment, maintenance and / or quality control with increasing responsibilities and span of control.
- Experience in a Self-Directed Work Team philosophy.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs.
Job ID: 129868