The Plant Manager is the senior leader on site and is responsible for everything that goes on inside the fence-line and is the driver of the production and safety process. We look to the Plant Manager to build a collaborative team environment between operations, sales, engineering, accounting, and transportation. This dynamic leader will be pushing continuous improvement in workplace safety, production efficiency, product cost, and customer service.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure the plant employees and guests on site comply with safety and environmental practices – lead by example and build a safety first culture.
- Work with EHS, managers, and staff to continually have a safety-first culture
- Lead production to hit out-put production, product quality, on-time shipping, and scheduling to meet customer needs
- Develop a keen focus on customer service and proactive communication across the team
- Partner with the engineering team to ensure proper drawings and designs are being used during the manufacturing process
- Experience building, maintaining and adjusting Lean systems to drive insight and continuous improvement
- Experience using systematic Lean frameworks (5S, Kaizen) and tools to improve processes and expand capacity (value stream mapping)
- Experience with quality management systems to drive root cause analysis and corrections
- Embrace teamwork across multiple departments to hit production output and increase financial goals.
- Ability to set financial goals, develop a plan and execute the plan to exceed them
- Purchase material/services to successfully operate the facility
- Successfully hire, supervise, orient, train and retain operations/product staff
- Promote and maintain a clean workplace that is “tour-ready” at all times.
- Be able to have critical conversations with employees to help develop and coach them.
- Ability to read drawings, plan production tasks from those drawings, and coach employees to produce product correctly.
- Ability to operate some of the standard tools on the plant floor such as overhead cranes, hand tools, batch plant, etc. While the Plant Manager will not be asked to operate these things continuously, having some of these skills will make him/her a better coach and troubleshooter.
- Be a leader and coach leadership. Motivate crews during morning huddles. Lead effective Mid-Day meetings. Coach Leads on how to set expectations on a whiteboard and have them followed. Lead inventory counts. Promote safety best practices in meetings with other Plant Managers.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the General Manager as deemed appropriate and necessary by them.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, operations, engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience working in a leadership role in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience with precast/concrete or building materials is a plus
- Proven track record of developing, leading and maintaining a continuous improvement mindset at the plant
- Ability to work on your feet for the majority of the day in a production/plant environment subject to areas that are unheated and/or non-air conditioned
- Ability to work with computer as necessary (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AX)
- Ability to lead and direct other individuals and work with other group leaders
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.