The Plant Manager is responsible for directing the functions and activities of our Operations organization to include manufacturing, production control, facilities, tooling, and equipment. The Plant Manager will develop strategies to achieve operational objectives for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual metrics. Duties involve directing the Operations organization on a daily basis to ensure execution of the company business plan while simultaneously implementing Continuous Improvement initiatives that will deliver long term benefits.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the Operations organization accomplishes Safety, Quality, Schedule and Cost performance objectives.When misses occur, develops a credible recovery plan with team.
- Manage Key Performance Indicators and Reporting on daily performance.
- Champion and initiate Continuous Improvement projects to increase Revenue per Square Foot and Revenue per Employee.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing principles
- Identify new opportunities to impact business and operations goals positively.Manages these projects to rapid completion.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing activities based on policies, objectives and programs spanning manufacturing functions.
- Determine performance and product quality and direct accountability for that performance.
- Brief and communicate with customers, suppliers and corporate executives with high intensity and professionalism.
- Proven analytical, problem solving, and process improvement ability
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Statistical Process Control
- Working knowledge of general aerospace quality requirements
- Technical competence: Uses facts related to the position, including technical, financial, market- and product-related
- Decision-making: Manages the division's resources, makes appropriate decisions to attain objectives, anticipates the need for change, and solves problems.
- Interpersonal skills: Written and oral communications.
- Strong skills in using computer software: Excel, Word, Access and other pertinent software as needed
Experience & Education
- Equivalent to a four-yearbachelor?s degree (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 7-10 years manufacturing and operations experience.
- Lean Manufacturing experience, training and/or certification.
- Continuous Improvement experience, training and/or certification such as Six Sigma.