Less than 5 years
Posted 247 days ago
If you are a detail-oriented manufacturing professional with supervisory experience, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop an engaging and rewarding career.
Part of a leading company, our client is an innovative manufacturer of precast concrete boxes and pipes. They are now looking for a Plant Manager to join them in Palmview.
Within a fast-paced and engaging environment, you will have the chance to build on your existing abilities and become a key player in our client?s day-to-day operations.
As the Plant Manager, you?ll oversee our client?s Pipe and Box Precast plant, which includes over 60 employees.
Reporting to the General Production Manager, you will:
- Provide recommended methods and production schedules to optimize labor and equipment usage
- Develop and implement productivity improvements
- Drive a safety culture where staff identify and mitigate risks
- Ensure that the maintenance team quickly addresses any equipment downtime failure
- Identify appropriate repairs to equipment and replace defective parts
- Test and inspect finished products to ensure they meet quality standards
To be considered, you will need:
- At least three years?experience of supervising equipment and employees in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of manufacturing concrete pipes and/or precast concrete
- A track record of implementing basic lean manufacturing practices, including safety, quality and delivery
- Experience of establishing a preventative and predictive maintenance system
- An understanding of basic product costs
- Proficiency in MS Excel and software/web-based applications
- The ability to schedule multiple jobs with an MRP system
- The ability to read blueprints and/or AutoCAD drawings
Organized and logical, as the Plant Manager, you will be able to inspire and motivate others. Strong time-management and prioritization skills are also key.
To apply for the role of Plant Manager, pleaseapply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Web Recruit LLC. Web Recruit, LLC is in the business of performing recruitment services.
Additional Keywords: Plant Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Plant Operations Manager, Production Manager, Concrete Production Manager, Concrete Manufacturing Manager, Manufacturing.