Plant Manager / Mill Operations
Plant Manager/Mill Operations
Lightweight Metals Engineering
Location near Girard, OH
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
Visa sponsorship not available for this position
Titanium and Engineered Products – Ingot and Mill Products Division (ATEP) is seeking a Plant Manager - Mill Operations to lead, direct and execute the plant’s operational plan and to provide leadership to assigned resources: Operations, Maintenance, Quality, CI, Procurement, Finance & Scheduling. The Plant Manager will ensure conformance with company standards, policies, regulations, and procedures within the scope of authority; maximize customer satisfaction through on-time delivery of products which meet required specifications; continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of manufacturing processes; and seek to improve profit performance across all product lines.
This Company is a world-class producer of Titanium Aero Ingots and Mill Products. A leader in multi-material airframe subassemblies and advanced technologies and materials, such as 3D printing and titanium aluminides
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
· Ensures full compliance with EHS standards, policies, procedures and processes for the entire site. Confirms that incidents are thoroughly investigated and that root causes are identified.
· Interfaces directly with customers, Sales Management and Account Managers to resolve problems related to delivery, quality and other issues,.
· Continually improves the performance of the Manufacturing organization through the application of company Business Systems (ABS) principles.
· Develops annual manufacturing plans in consultation with direct supervisors to ensure proper deployment of resources to achieve required levels of production and to meet customer delivery requirements;
· Coordinates and directs the development and implementation of business plans and forecasts, securing corporate approval of selected goals and objectives, following up to ensure successful accomplishment of the plan;
· Provides leadership to subordinate managers and to all assigned employees.
· Oversees and facilitates activities with other departments such as Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Accounting, Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety and Human Resources;
· Monitors and controls the operation of the business, reviewing and analyzing a variety of sales, financial, production and other staff reports, measuring progress, assessing results, and formulating corrective actions;
· Participates with Purchasing personnel to develop partnerships with vendors which produce mutually beneficial arrangements related to purchase item quality, quantity and pricing. Ensures that concerns and issues related to purchased resources are addressed and resolved in a timely manner;
· Analyzes and directs the preparation of Capital Appropriation Requests to secure required capital equipment for projects meeting or exceeding capital return targets;
· Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures.
· Extensive knowledge and hands on experience driving continuous improvement / lean manufacturing, preferably in the metals industry;
· Proven leadership and change management skills with proven track record of building and maintaining highly effective teams;
· Thorough knowledge of complex electronic business enterprise systems required.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and persuasion skills;
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or Operations from an accredited institution;
· MBA or Master’s Degree in Science or Engineering is a plus;
· Minimum 10 years of experience in a heavy manufacturing environment;
· Minimum 5years of management experience;
· Experience in metal-working manufacturing;
· Plant Manager or interim Plant Manager experience;
· Full P&L experience and responsibility in excess of $300 M in revenue;
· Extensive experience in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and daily management;
· Strategic thinker willing to do anything he/she asks of others to complete critical tasks;
· Excellent business acumen and intuition;
· Experience in a matrix organization.
· This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.