The Plant Manager is a driver for all manufacturing operations including the safety, production efficiencies, quality, customer service, employee development, and financial performance of a 70,000 square foot plant. This lead role will plan and oversee the daily manufacturing operations of a 24/7 operation specializing in manufacturing custom parts for the power plant industry. They hold the facility accountable by managing and executing plant processes to attain plant production and quality targets.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Be a leader for the plant team and cross-functionally with other Plant Managers and Leaders to share best practices
- Deliver continuous improvement ideas to improve processes that ensure safety, quality, cost, and customer service goals are met
- Manage the physical facilities, production equipment, and all associated maintenance in accordance with best practices and Company policies and procedures
- Guide the plant floor data standardization, collection, utilization, and management to drive continuous improvement
- Assist management and supervisory team in preparation and execution of customer and regulatory audits
- Oversee production planning to ensure efficient schedules are delivered that drive the lowest cost and met customer demands
- Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance, quality, and shipping and receiving
- Create positive, trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Create functional short- and long-range strategies to support business growth within the allowances of the annual operating budget and strategic directives
- 10 plus years of relevant and successful job experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience in Turbine components manufacturing highly desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, coaching, setting expectations, providing feedback)
- Knowledge of budgeting, procurement, and cost control
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Track record with establishing and maintaining strong processes in a team atmosphere
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Extensive knowledge of operations and production management
- Ability to interpret financial data as needed to set production goals
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline preferred (Mechanical or Industrial)