Plant Manager Manufacturing
11 - 15 years experience • Food & Beverage
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Manufacturing / Plant Manager-located at their headquarters company in the Phoenix Arizona area. This position reports directly to the Senior VP of Operations.
Our client is a growing supplier to the global Supplements, Nutrients and Vitamins business. With more than 20 years’ of expertise and innovation, they design and sell formulations to multiple end retail and wholesale chains and markets.
The Plant Manager or Director of Manufacturingoperations will be tasked to transform this organization to a true professional and operations lean culture. This role will have full responsibility and provide leadership to change the culture for a 100 person facility with medium volume- low mix powder formulaltions / manufacturing capabilities. Operations and quality experience in the nutrients supplements and vitamins process / manufacturing process preferred.Technicaldegreepreferred along with previous experience with a world class manufacturing operation with outstanding processes and cost improvement performance required. Accomplishments in cost target and profit achievement required along with a continuous improvement mind set.
*Excellent benefits and relocation package.
Director of Manufacturing Expectations
The General Manager will lead a reliable manufacturing operation with the capability to consistently perform to:
· 100% on-time delivery
· Meet and Exceed internal and external quality expectations
· Achieve zero ppm’s
· Consistently meet or exceed financial targets
· 5S as the ‘daily way’ of doing business, always audit ready, achieve 3.5+ internal score
· Fully Implement our Production Systems methods and targets
· Consistently improve safety performance to achieve a zero injury workplace
· Have successful systems, processes and talent in place to manage the business growth successfully
Profile of a high-performing Manufacturing Director
· Highly effective leader
· Inspires, develops and coaches people
· Has high standards and expectations
· Holds people accountable