Directs and coordinates the activities of the site operations and direct manufacturing towards the achievement of established objectives. Responsible for the full range of operational activities at the site, manufacturing, logistics, quality, manufacturing engineering, tooling, facilities, maintenance, and environmental affairs. Provides guidance and analysis in appraising the effectiveness of all operational activities.
- Develops and implements operational strategies and goals to meet the division's financial and non-financial objectives.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to support the operational strategies.
- Develops and implements operating plans which include: financial objectives, sales and production plans, inventory levels, process improvement, asset utilization, and capital and expense budgets, and other plans, as required to achieve division objectives.
- Defines, develops and establishes an organizational structure to optimize operating efficiency. Performs performance appraisals on directly supervised subordinates. Develops subordinate managers to ensure continued effective management.
- Interprets and enforces the company policies and procedures as well as Federal and State regulations affecting the Focused Factories; recommends and implements changes to internal policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Oversees and assigns responsibilities for Health Safety and Environmental activities, supports the Safety First mentality, and ensures the Safety Committee is supported and active.
- Responsible for guidance of Inside Sales Team to insure operational coordination.
- Performs other related duties as directed by management.
- 10-15 years of directly related work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Technical competence: Uses facts related to the position, including technical, financial, market- and product-related
- Decision making: Manages the division's resources, makes appropriate decisions to attain objectives, anticipates the need for change, and solves problems.
- Interpersonal skills: Written and oral communications.
- Strong skills in using computer software: Excel, Word, Access and other pertinent software as needed.
- Business Acumen – knows how the business works. Ability to convert strategies and tactics from the marketplace into meaningful achievements for the business. (said another way ability to interrupt and convert market demands into revenue and drive cost out initiatives as markets change.)
- Managerial Courage – does not hold back, willing to push the organization beyond current state.
- Bachelor's degree in (Mechanical) Engineering preferred.