Major, established and global leader manufacturer has an opportunity at a good size and high volume as well as well performing plant in east central Alabama for a Plant Manager. There is a new line soon coming to the facility that will add an additional 50 positions. The selected candidate will be responsible for the entire plant operations at this site. In the role will provide production leadership and ongoing development of the operations structure to include areas such as: production and financial control, safety and plant security, compliance with OSHA, facilities, quality and all of the manufacturing areas that include machining and final assembly. In order to ensure consistency in operations and related strategies will work with many functional areas as the Plant Manager and will be responsible for this. Will also ensure that large-scale projects are completed on time, be on budget, meet specified quality standards, preset goals and production requirements. Will represent the interests of the company in dealings with customers and suppliers. An attractive relocation package is available as well as bonus potential.
- Successful plant management experience in a high or mid volume plant of a decent size
- Bachelor's degree that is engineering or business related
- Master's degree is a plus
- Engine manufacturing experience is needed
- Experience in a plant that includes having the machining process is required
- Strength with lean / Six Sigma and experience implementing large scale improvements in complex environments
- Very strong with the financial aspect such as budget / P&L
- World class manufacturing experience
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- SAP experience
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to manage multiple projects in different locations with many types of people
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- At least 10 years of related experience.