Hart Executive Recruiting is working with a CPG (Food Production) company in its search for a new Plant Manager in the Los Angeles, CA area. The Plant Manager reports directly to the VP Manufacturing and will play a key leadership role in improving operational performance. The Plant Manager will oversee and provide leadership for all aspects of plant operations. Through direct management and coordination of assigned staff, the scope of responsibility includes manufacturing productivity & efficiencies, maintenance and technical support, regulatory compliance, food safety, quality, warehousing & distribution, employee relations, and health & safety.
- Development and execution of the production plan.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure all manufacturing processes are consistent with company policy and expectations.
- Direction of production activities to insure that outputs meet volume and quality requirements.
- Insure operational compliance with all regulatory requirements including FDA, OSHA, etc.
- Provide direction and oversight to maintenance and technical support activities to reduce down time, maximize production and insure proper care of plant and equipment.
- Insures quality control and quality assurance processes are in place and effectively administrated consistent with Company policies.
- Drive activities and processes to promote safety and the creation of a safety conscious work force.
- Actively participate in business planning process including the development of the facility operational plan, plant financialbudgets, and the development of the business long range plan.
- Effectively model and promote the company values.
- Responsible for building a sustainable and motivated organization with high expectations around process improvement and product quality.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Production Operations Management or equivalent.
- 10 years experience in FDA regulated business (food, pharmaceuticals, medical, etc.) – preferably food.
- 5 years of management experience – with previous plant / location management responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of operations management including modern quality management tools and the ability to drive continuous process improvement.
- Strong understanding of financial results and cost management practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements including FDA, OSHA, etc.
- Experience working in an ERP integrated planning & scheduling environment.
- Competency in computer use including Microsoft Office and internal ERP systems.
- Ability to develop a deep knowledge of Company's manufacturing process and products.
- Must be an effective and creative problem solver, critical thinker and have a strategic thought process.
- Strong leadership ability, including team development and coaching.
- Effective communication skills – both written and verbal. Comfortable at all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated and confident professional who can / will demonstrate company values.
- Works well in team environment.
- High customer service orientation.