Imagine what you can do at Land O'Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O'Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture's toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O'Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you'll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
Plant ManagerJob Description:
Job Description Summary:
The Plant Manager position will provide a proactive problem-solving approach and must think strategically while contributing to the efficient, systematic and profitable operation. The position will provide overall leadership, support and direction to their team and responsible for the safe and efficient performance of all aspects of plant operations. This position will implement strategies to reduce cost and improve efficiencies, while maintaining quality in an environment that supports continuous improvement. This position must maintain strong relations with employees, the community and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment for all employees in an environmentally sound manner through the execution of pertinent regulations, oversight and demonstration of a safety-first culture, ensuring fair enforcement of the policies and procedures and facilitating safety, health and environmental audits of the work place. Provide oversight to the safety facility audits, safety meetings and the safety committee. Ensure all regulatory standards are maintained.
- Provides leadership and business knowledge to support the company's objectives. Is responsible for accurately budgeting and delivering the projected results (P&L) for the facility. Monitor operations of the facility to ensure business profitability. Take appropriate actions to maintain the facility equipment. Create a learning environment and proactively lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Build and maintain strong business relationships that provide growth within the company. Maintain excellent customer service and improve work strategies that strengthen our business expertise. Develop and maintain competitive pricing strategies to maximize profits while enticing new business.
- Lead all departments at the plant in supporting business objectives. Act as the main focal point for HR to support business objectives, create a positive work environment and maintain excellent employee relationships. Encourage open communications by providing necessary information through dialogue and mentoring processes. Participate in additional duties/roles and projects that enhances job position and expertise.
- Degree in Business, Chemistry, Engineering, Manufacturing, plus 5 plus years chemical or industrial manufacturing leadership experience
Other Qualifications Required:
- Ability to interpret financial accounting information. Project management, capital planning, P & L: business compliance; develop & meet budgets, develop capital spending requests & project management; aggressively & proactively manage operating expenses
- Must have excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Proficient skills with spread sheets, email and Microsoft Office programs
- Familiarity with training in emergency response and incident commander responsibilities
- Must be knowledgeable with general industry OSHA and EPA regulations
- Knowledge in process safety management, risk management and FIFRA regulations are desirable
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain systems, supply/customer agreements
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate resources to meet internal business objectives and customer expectations