La Crosse, WI
11 - 15 years
Posted 51 days ago
Plant Manager, Trane La Crosse - (1902624)
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/.
The Commercial HVAC NA/EMEA strategic business unit offers a broad portfolio of operational and energy efficient solutions that earn customers for life by creating better places for people to work, learn, heal and live their lives. We not only design and manufacture reliable, efficient and connected HVAC systems, but they are maintained and improved by our world-class services business to maximize building performance.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Plant Manager will plan, organize, staff and direct all activities of the facility toachieve plant and sector goals for safety, quality, growth, profitability, productivity, customer satisfaction and employee engagement. The Plant Manager will also lead production and plant operations to ensure the effective utilization of resources.
• Direct and coordinate all plant functions including Manufacturing, Materials, Production Control, Purchasing, Quality Assurance, Planning, Human Resources, Accounting, Mfg. Engineering and Environmental, Health & Safety to assure common direction toward plant goals
• Guide and support the plant EH&S program in improvements, investigations and corrective actions to meet and exceed Federal laws and IR standards and policies
• Guide and support the plant quality system in procedures and controls to improve overall customer satisfaction, DPPM, first pass yield and warranty results
• Be proactive and responsive to all facets of customer satisfaction including delivery, schedule changes and special instructions
• Lead through the Ingersoll Rand (BOS) Business Operating System
• Guide and support plant maintenance, facilities and mfg eng. improvements, process improvements, facility improvements and capital expenditures
• Guide and support plant resources in meeting material and labor productivity plans
• Direct the submittal of the plant’s Annual Operating Plan and business’s financial forecasts and response plans
• Direct and guide the long term product strategy for the manufacturing business
• Maintain a positive rapport with all levels of the organization in order to foster and promote a diverse and inclusive work environment, high levels of morale, and highemployee engagement.
• Collaborate with all levels of the organization to ensure alignment of goals and progress towards them along with short term and long term needs and plans
• Partners with the Operational Excellence team to ensure the effective development and delivery of programs to teach the workforce lean manufacturing tools and concepts such as problem solving, A3 thinking, leader as a coach, Kanban/pull systems, Kaizen, Value Stream mapping, visual management, mistake proofing, 5S and cellular manufacturing.
• Partners in the negotiation and application of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Works closely with local Human Resources and Labor Relations to ensure effective administration of grievances advanced beyond local management and local union level including arbitrations.
• Lead and support the development of plant employees and plant succession planning activities
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent technical discipline is required; MBA
• Minimum of 10 to 15 years; experience in manufacturing operations required and a minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing/plant operations leadership role, preferably as Plant Manager of a medium to small sized manufacturing plant
• Experience with Environmental Health and Safety
• Experience with implementing Lean culture in a manufacturing environment is required;
• Leads and Drives the OPEX (Operational Excellence) culture in the plant
• Proficiency in developing and implementing strategic plans
• Proficiency in Supply Chain Management
• Strong technical problem solving skills
• Customer oriented
• Advanced management skills
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
: North America-United States-Wisconsin
: La Crosse WI 2411 East 04 2411 East Avenue LA CROSSE 54601
: Global Integrated Supply Chain
: Day Job
: Mar 9, 2019, 2:53:10 AM