Leading to better.
Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you've most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you've consumed in the past few days!
Leading to better, together.
Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
- Celebrating curiosity that leads to action
- Empowering our people
- Promoting diverse thinking
- Investing in innovation
- Acting on sustainability
- Embracing our differences
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Description and Responsibilities
If you are looking to join a company with exciting career advancement opportunities and cutting edge food processing technology, then Kerry is right for you! With over 45 plants across North America and actively growing, and with a wide product and customer portfolio, Kerry is one of the top organizations to work for.
We currently have an exciting Plant Manager opportunity located in Melrose Park, IL. This plant is in our Kerry Meat division and is a three shift union facility with approximately 150 employees. The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall management of the site, reporting directly into the Director of Operations.
- Control all costs that directly affect the plants performance
- Direct and lead all operations within their plant
- Mange administrative and management team
- Provide functional leadership within the plant
- Assist and provide guidance in labor management meetings
- Accountable for all QHSE initiatives across the site
- Responsible for all site capital projects
- Develop and maintain qualified personnel within the all departments
- Maintain plant infrastructure for future viability and growth
- Accountable for providing a safe working environment
- Set overall expectations/standards and motivate employees to perform
- Drive a continuous improvement mind-set within plant environment
- Support cluster leads around strategy, policy and risk management
- Ensure talent management and succession planning strategy are executed
- Build relationships with customers at all levels
- Ensure plant inventory is managed appropriately
- BS degree in Engineering, Food Science or Business required
- Must have minimum 5 years of experience in a Plant Management role
- Has been a part of starting up a plant and/or implementing change and process within a plant
- Minimum 5 years of food / beverage/ pharma industry experience is required
Requisition ID 2018-14282