The Plant Manager will oversee all daily operations and will ensure maximum output while working within financial controls. He will aid in the development of processes that support our safety, quality, productivity cost and associate development initiatives. He will provide guidance and foster collaborative working relationships for several plant level functions such as safety, quality finance, purchasing, maintenance, production planning, continuous improvement and human relations and will assign resources necessary to support broad functional objectives. The Plant Manager approves policies developed within various sub-functions and departments and will develop a comprehensive knowledge of the overall product flow and departmental functionality. He must ensure all required quality and regulatory standards are met.
1. Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the overall business environment.
2. Implements strategic and tactical plans for the Plant Operations specifically targeting efficiencies to ensure On-time Delivery.
3. Assists in preparing an annual business plan with primary focus on financial performance, specific objectives, contingency plans, and resource requirements. The Business Plan Objectives must align with corporate objectives (Utilization of Plant Controller).
4. Identify and provide guidance in addressing causes for shortfall from plan. Take a leadership role to request, initiate, provide, corrective action through available resources.
5. Assists in developing plans to achieve short and long-term goals for the Production Leadership, Business and the Product Lines.
6. Monitors all controllable manufacturing costs with emphasis on production costs / labor costs and scrap costs.
7. Develop plans for the elimination of non-value adding costs and aggressively pursue continuous process improvement.
8. Champion and Embrace Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement methodologies.
9. Take appropriate actions to reduce unnecessary labor costs influencing productivity (staffing efficiently).
10. Remain accountable for meeting business safety plans and expectations (Champion Plant Safety Process).
a. Aid in the development of appropriate plans and procedures in support of business safety strategies.
b. Total Adherence to all policies and promote safety practice throughout the organization.
11. Ensures plant alignment with corporate personnel, business integrity, and other enterprise-wide policies.
12. Ensure Alignment with Production, Scheduling, Planning and Purchasing.
13. Ensure Alignment with peers (Fellow Plant Managers).
14. Assesses scrap & rework levels; ensure process capability problems are identified and resolved.
15. Evaluate customer complaints and trends to determine resources necessary to meet customer needs.
1. Engagement and Empowerment: Provide engaging floor level leadership to positively influence cultural behaviors which contribute to organizational effectiveness.
2. People Development Skills: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; pushes people to accept development moves; assists those who need help and further development.
3. Interpersonal Skills: Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization. Speak with employees, other department managers and senior management.
4. Leadership Skills: Ability to motivate employees to keep operations running smoothly. Must set the tone for performance. Ability to create accountability and lead by example.
5. Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to quickly ascertain a situation and be decisive in solving it, such as identifying defects in the production line.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
1. Must have a minimum of (5) years Manufacturing, Plant Manager Experience, in leading an organization of 500 Team Members or more.
2. Five (5) to ten (10) years' of progressive experience gained through supervision in multiple settings (departments, operations, value streams, plants, etc.)
3. BS degree in Business Management or related field
4. Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
5. Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
6. Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
7. Computer Proficiency