Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improve business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
About The Site
The Hardee Power Station is a nominal 365 MW combined cycle power generation facility using GE’s 7EA gas turbine platform. The facility is located approximately 1 hour west of Tampa in the town of Bowling Green, Florida.
As the Plant Manager you will direct a management and employee team in the operation and maintenance of the Hardee Power Station. You will provide leadership and direction to an operations and maintenance staff of twenty-three (23) personnel. This position reports to the Director, Thermal Operations.
- Direct activity to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, prudent business practices and in accordance with all power sales agreements.
- Develop annual O&M and capital budgets. Manage expenditures within the limits of approved plans and budgets.
- Work closely with the project Asset Manager (Chicago based) regarding project contracts, market strategies and overall financial performance of the plant.
- Manage safety and emergency preparedness efforts to provide for a safe work environment. Ensure that appropriate procedures and policies are in place, and that employees are properly trained in responding to medical, fire, and storm emergencies; hazardous material handling and disposal; fuel spill response; and other safety procedures.
- Manage operations to provide for compliance with all applicable environmental regulations, requirements, and limitations.
- Manage equipment operation and maintenance plans, schedules, and procedures to optimize equipment performance, availability, and reliability.
- Direct major maintenance identification, planning, budgeting, and execution to produce the minimum life cycle cost while achieving maximum equipment performance and reliability.
- Provide and manage systems including work management, accounting, materials management, records, and administrative systems necessary for efficient operation.
- Develop and maintain training programs and systems for the development, maintenance, and enhancement of operating employee skills necessary for accomplishing complete operation and maintenance activities. Coordinate the necessary training for administrative and professional personnel. Provide for career development for all personnel.
- Provide for the security of personnel, physical assets, and site.
- Develop and maintain an atmosphere of employee involvement, trust, and motivation through employee participation, empowerment, work teams, and multi-skilling. Provide for a culture which is flexible and adaptable to change and which strives for continuous improvement in the accomplishment of work.
- Serve as the primary contact for and represent Invenergy with the local communities. Actively participate and take a leadership role in civic activities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in either engineering or other technical discipline; equivalent experience may substitute for formal degree.
- 15 years of thermal power generation experience with ten years directly related to power plant operations, maintenance, or engineering in progressively more responsible positions. Experience with gas turbine and steam turbine systems is preferred.
- Advanced management work experience and training.
- Ability to handle daily communication of expectations, coach employees, provide feedback to, develop, and manage plant staff.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to manage and motivate employees and use oral and written communication to communicate objectives and action plans.
- High degree of flexibility and the capacity to work in a rapidly changing and ambiguous environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.