Well established, global organization in the Industrial Recycling Industry seeking an experienced Plant Manager to lead operations at our new facility in Sacramento, CA. Ideal candidate will have recent experience in a similar role, must have a Bachelor's Degree (minimum), Training in Lean Manufacturing practices is a plus.
* Incorporates safety into all activities within the work function and ensures consistent enforcement of all safety standards and policies.
* Provides direction and leadership to direct reports and team leads to achieve operational objectives.
* Reports all daily and monthly key indicator results to VP of Operations.
* Communicates regularly with staff to pass on information, provide coaching, and address issues.
* Manages departmental spending, labor, and material costs to maintain budgetary compliance.
* Works within established guidelines to maintain refurbishment costs (Upgrade and Maintenance).
* Utilizes financial and operational data to improve productivity and drive profitability.
* Works effectively across functional lines to achieve common objectives.
* Promotes and inspires teamwork throughout the organization and across shifts, to maintain a highly engaged work force.
* Maintains sound employee relations by developing and maintaining a strong and cohesive management/supervisory team that works professionally with employees.
* Develops and implements optimal staffing plans.
* Provides and encourages an environment that promotes cross functional training and advancement.
* Evaluates and recommends capital equipment and other significant enhancements to systems, processes, policies, and procedures to improve operational efficiency, accuracy, and customer service levels.
.Required Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor?s degree in industrial/manufacturing engineering or operations management
* Minimum of 5 yemanufacturing experience with a strong manufacturing, assembly, and operations background.Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
* Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, employees, and leadership teams.
* Strong continuous improvement and lean background.
* Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
* Strong action orientation, drive for results.
* Excellent organization, planning, and problem solving.
* Excellent communication, presentation, and listening.
This is a direct hire, career opportunity!