This position manages all employees of the plant and is responsible for the performance management of all personnel and direct manufacturing operations within Tooling and Connectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, organize, direct and lead optimum day-to-day operations to exceed targets and customer expectations.
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing costs and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Share a trusting relationship with HR to recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Partner with HR to address employee issues or concerns
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
Education and Skill Requirement
Proven work experience, managerial experience & adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning and resource allocation). Must be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes. Ability to create accountability and to lead by example. Strong team building, decision making and people management skills. Computer literacy a must.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: BS Degree in business management or related field preferred. Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in Operations Management.