Plan, organize, direct and provide leadership necessary for achieving pant and corporate goals in the area of Safety, Warehouse, Transportation, Quality, Employee Relations, Performance and Cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the successful attainment of production objectives, implementation of policies, and most effective utilization of available resources and facilities Contributes to development of annual budget, performance goals and process and operational improvements.
• Budgetary responsibility including budget administration and cost control.
• Responsible for the enforcement of GMP’s in their business unit. Enforce adherence to manufacturing instructions, quality standards, and GMP. Ensure compliance with all legal requirements concerning dairy processing, environmental, safety, and working conditions. Responsible for training and development of direct reports.
• Ensures effective communication between shifts and other departments by ensuring established communication methods regarding company performance and safety.
• Plans, schedules, and directs the operation of equipment and facilities to insure safe and cost efficient operations.
• Manage annual budget in such a manner as to achieve the targeted objectives.
• Assist in designing, improving, and installing equipment and systems to improve plant efficiency and meet plant needs.
• Work with Engineering and Maintenance groups in maximizing output, improving equipment availability, and reducing waste.
• Supervises activities of a team of direct reports.
• Responsible for overseeing and monitoring Ethical Sourcing guidelines.
• Establish and maintain a positive work environment including personnel policy development, training safety and housekeeping Stay abreast of new technologies associated with the industry, through trade magazines, training classes and technical manuals.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
Education and Experience:
• BS ME preferred
• 7+ years-experience in a high volume Dairy Manufacturing environment required.
• ESL/Fluid Dairy is preferred.
• Operations management responsibility in a 7x24 operation.
• Budgeting and Planning experiencerequired.
• Must have prior experience managing other operational functions such as project, processing and packaging.
• In depth knowledge of PMO and other regulatory guidelines required as well as the ability to interact with federal and state employees.
• Experience with filling, packaging, transportation and customer service targets.
Skills and Competencies:
• Effectively prioritizes and adapts to competing demands easily shifting from one action and solution to another based on the needs of the business.
• Inspires others confidence in them through vision and passion to build commitment and overcomes resistance while building highly engaged functional teams.
• Agile communicator who can clearly present complex ideas to others and can constructively address disagreement and conflict while building consensus.
• Strives to bring out the best in others by generously giving credit and help that sets a stage to develop team members' skills and encourage growth.
• An innovative manager who looks for ways to improve and promote safety, quality and efficiencies.
• Excellent Computer Skills including but not limited to Microsoft office suites and MRP/ERP systems.