With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.Job Description
Manages the plant location in Hernando, MS.
- Observe and support SXP's health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Follows work instructions and departmental procedures to perform essential functions of the job.
- Manages processes and technical personnel to maximize production capabilities and company profitability.
- Manages plant production personnel operating machines and equipment to meet production demands.
- Prepares production schedules and material requirements.
- Trains personnel on technical requirements to operate hydro form, cold finish, Pilger, heat treat, pickle, and cut and straighten product.
- Maintains knowledge of the metallurgical properties of the product to ensure maximum production and quality standards.
- Attends senior-level management meetings locally and at headquarters to advise and offer technical expertise to achieve company production and financial goals.
- Acts as technical subject matter expert when meeting with customers, third-party inspectors, and vendors.
- Other duties assigned
Must understand and follow requirements of SXP QMS and EHS system.
Education and Experience
- BA in engineering field from an accredited University or College.
- Ten-plus years' experience in manufacturing and producing stainless steel pipes, tubes, or fittings with stainless steel and corrosion-resistant alloys.
- Technical expertise in hydroforming, cold finishing, cold forming steel, and alloys to manufacture seamless pipe and extruded shapes.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required, including weekends and holidays
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- AA degree or diploma in a technical field from an accredited US or international educational institution.
- International experience in oil and gas-related industry.
Cultural Fit - PCC Values
Drive For Results
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to the risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Relocation
Relocation is authorized for this position.