Responsible for the total operation of the assigned business unit. This position is responsible for the efficient and safe manufacturing of quality products in a manner that is consistent with company policies and procedures. This includes providing workers with information, materials, and training, enabling them to produce the highest quality product possible, monitoring records for attendance, payroll, production, safety and ergonomics, TQM, and encouraging the development of ideas from supervisors and employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership to all aspects of the manufacturing operations.
- Facilitate, coach, counsel and guide the manufacturing work group to ensure they can deliver year over year results.
- Educate, develop and motivate a manufacturing work group to achieve required production results.
- Develop and implement operating policies and procedures to achieve stated goals.
- Establish goals and objectives and assure performance of such is met at the lowest cost and highest quality.
- Strive for continuous improvement in manufacturing processes to ensure efficiencies and eliminate waste, and implement such plans through people, processes, procedures and equipment.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, freight and repair expenses.
- Provide business leadership that demonstrates commitment to plant goals on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure effective interchange of information between all work groups.
- Create an environment where all employees are encouraged and developed to reach the full potential in meeting company goals.
- Exercise direct supervision over general supervisors and line supervisors with respect to production volume, cost and quality of production to meet production schedules and delivery dates.
- Meet financial objectives and goals by forecasting requirements, support the annual budget process.
- Review production costs and production quality and modify production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of plant.
- Direct and lead all operations to achieve monthly profit results with a focus on operations throughput.
- Ensure and oversee all EH&S & OSHA rules and regulations are in force.
- Facilitate and direct maintenance to optimize machinery utilization.
- Responsible for cleanliness of his/her own work area and the general housekeeping of the Company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS business or operations management preferred
- 5-8 years of hands-on manufacturing management experience
- Extrusion industry experience is required
- Dynamics AX a plus
- Proficient use of Internet, spreadsheets and data entry
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit. The employee will use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and to use a computer keyboard with mouse for long periods of time. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job in the Plant or Warehouse, the employee is exposed to noise and metal particles. The noise level is usually moderate but hearing protection along with safety glasses and safety shoes are required in the plant.