ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinates and leads the activities of a packaging and processing soil/mulch plant by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate personnel:
- Develop and implement short and long-range strategic operating objectives.
- Responsible for the performance, overall development, and operation of the facility.
- Directs, and oversees site operations including production, yard, warehouse, shipping/ receiving and maintenance. Identifying and tracking of key metrics to drive operational excellence.
- Monitors and enforces quality control standards
- Manage execution of new product launches, capacity and capital investment planning, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) targets and total productive maintenance principles to ensure seamless start-up and attainment of financial deliverables.
- Understands current laws, regulations, policies and procedures affecting plant operations and acts in accordance with them.
- Plans, leads, and directs the manufacturing operations at the lowest cost consistent with established operating goals and objectives.
- Effectively integrates the procurement, administrative, manufacturing, quality, maintenance, finance, and distribution functions at the plant to ensure high quality and efficient throughput.
- Directs preparation and review of division cost estimates, staffing levels, and facility requirement forecasts.
- Reports, studies, and analyzes facility performance and takes appropriate action related to operating elements such as production costs, quality, inventory, overtime and expenses.
- Provides leadership and employee development through selection/talent acquisition, performance management, training/development, coaching/mentoring and motivation of management, supervisory, and hourly personnel in alignment with the business goals and objectives.
- Empowers teams with a managerial style that is collaborative, inclusive and balanced in approach to achieve commitments. Recognizes and rewards employees for their efforts to drive results.
- Leads and ensures the successful implementation of profit and productivity improvement initiatives as they relate to the business plan/strategy.
- Demonstrates a proactive management approach with a willingness to lead by example and the ability to champion and lead change initiatives for the betterment of the facility and the company. Along with identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and reacts well under pressure.
OUR BUSINESS VALUES Act with Thoughtfulness, Stay Real, Put Purpose into Everything, Be Inclusive, Power Forward ATTRIBUTES/BEHAVIORS for success...Adaptable & Flexible, Coachable, Drive to Succeed, Employee Engagement, Initiative, Integrity, Numbers Driven, Open to learning and change, Respectful & Team Player
1.Bachelor's degree in business administration, engineering, manufacturing management or related field
2.Five to seven years overall manufacturing experience. Prefer packaging and yard processing experience in similar industry
3.Experience in the following functional areas is required: budgeting, capital planning, P&L, associate development, compliance and safety.
4. Demonstrted People Leadership skills a must!
- Excellent communication and Leadership skills are required.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, problem solve in a fast-paced environment and direct others to achieve required goals.
- Experience in the following functional areas is preferred but not required: commodity/processing plant management, inventory controls management, sales and customer service
- Working knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods.
- Excellent computer skills are required. (MS Office, Email, Business Systems. Experience with NetSuite a plus.
- Spanish fluency is preferred but not required
- Experience in wood/pulp/mulch manufacturing preferred
- Experience with heavy equipment
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective procurement, manufacture and distribution of goods
- Prefer knowledge of leansix sigma or similar continuous improvement methodologies
- Strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills
Job Code: 387