Graphic Packaging International is seeking an experienced Plant Manager to lead the Omaha, NE facility. This leader will be responsible for the direction and control of ongoing operations of all departments. Responsibilities also include EPA and safety, managing all technical issues including capital and expense projects, preventative maintenance, building maintenance, and quality of manufactured product. Initiate and support all processes while ensuring compliance with Six Sigma/LEAN efforts.
- Directs the operations to meet the total business plan from procurement of raw materials to customers and scheduling through manufacturing to final shipment.Manages and directs the activities of department managers, plant engineering, and HR staff by developing and reviewing operating plans, establishing objectives to ensure productivity, quality, safety, cost control, and scheduling goals.
- Coordinates plant and division/corporate resources to resolve material, process, and production problems in the plant.
- Partners with the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager to ensure a safe environment for all employees and visitors by developing and implementing a comprehensive safety and emergency response program, effective training of all employees and complies with all federal, state and local laws.
- Ensures developing and implementing annual operating plans and timely resolution of deviation from budget to meet financial objectives of the plant.
- Directs and organizes all plant departments to ensure adequate supply of high-quality products, implements quality manufacturing processes and control programs to meet or exceed customer specifications.
- Responsible for developing effective plant operations, optimizes production schedules, continually improves production efficiencies, scrap rates, and product quality throughout the operation and supports the six sigma/LEAN process.
- Provides leadership and direction to all plant personnel
- Contributes to the overall growth and development of the company through effective communications with sales and technical groups and provides manufacturing expertise to the successful development of new products and processes.
- Promotes positive labor relations inside and outside the plant by ensuring consistent application of company policies, provides leadership to managers and supervisors.
- Must be supportive of GPI’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork).
- Must be supportive and involved in GPI efforts for Continuous Improvement programs and processes.
- Provides all employees the ability and responsibility to stop any process that is not meeting customer quality requirements.
- Actively engages employees in understanding and aligning activities to achieve strategic objectives
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate process improvement teams
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Internet skills
- Technical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and operations – based financial analysis skills
- Problem Solving
- 7 –10 years of operation experience
- Proven leadership ability in manufacturing sites
- Ability to build high performing and collaborative teams
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge and/or experience beneficial
- Occasional physical effort (lifting, moving heavy objects, etc)
- Must be able to push, pull, and carry up to 40 pounds