Gotham Greens is creating new ways to farm, produce local food, revitalize communities and innovate for a sustainable future. As we grow our company and our footprint. This is a hands-on visible position requiring direct oversight of labor-management, production process, packaging, receiving, and distribution. The ideal candidate will be results-driven, comfortable rolling up their sleeves, and capable of interacting with individuals at all levels of the organization. Experience with harvesting, packing and warehouse operations, managing inbound and outbound logistics, staff training, and shift schedules; and proven success in achieving cost reductions and efficiencies in plant operations is required. Experience opening and establishing a new manufacturing facility is highly preferred. Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st-century food system.
What You'll Do
- Manages day-to-day operations of plant performance, product and packing quality, inventory control, cost, maintain budgets and KPI targets, productivity, distribution, food, and employee safety
- Ensures ongoing facility compliance with company quality, sanitation, and Food Safety standards
- Implements and maintains standardized procedures and protocols for staff training and management, inventory distribution and logistics, sanitation, overall safety of the facility and its personnel, and compliance to the Food Safety Plan
- Oversees Greenhouse Supervisor, Pack House Supervisor, and Production Assistants
- Collaborates with Senior Grower to operate a productive and cost-effective Greenhouse facility, organizes shift schedules with Senior Grower, and coordinates purchasing
- Partners with the Facilities Manager to identify structural and maintenance-related areas of concern arranges repairs and negotiates related costs. Ensures resolutions occur timely
- Evaluates current procedures and practices for accomplishing department objectives; develops and implements improved procedures and practices
- Gives work direction, resolves problems, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of daily tasks
- Monitors and analyzes costs, prepare and/or maintain budgets, and has direct oversight of the Green House P&L
- Maintains and reviews quality reports/statistics to ensure consistent, quality finished goods
- Communicates with Sales and Marketing to support continued company growth
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Mentors and develops staff using a supportive and collaborative approach; assign accountabilities; sets objectives; establish priorities; and monitors and evaluates results
- Complies with established State and Federal Regulations, Environmental, OSHA, and Safety programs.
- Ability to manage both locations, planning on-site schedules.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree and 5‐8 years of relevant related experience in plant operations or manufacturing with proven success.
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask and roll up their sleeves
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Successful leadership in early‐stage start‐ups or other rapid growth environments
- Experience working with ERP systems, material handling suppliers, trucking and logistics, and contract negations.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and negotiating abilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, high attention to detail; highly organized, and passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food and experience in specialty food, agriculture, natural and organic CPG a plus
- Strong knowledge of MS Office.
- Adjusts to changing conditions and willingness to works off-shift, holidays, and weekends as needed. Understands and complies with company policies.
- Bilingual preferable, but not required
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving, attention to detail, and leadership skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable and highly motivated with a creative flair and lively personality
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation to principles of sustainable agriculture and food