At Glanbia Nutritionals Inc., our portfolio centers around dairy and non-dairy nutritional ingredients. We co-innovate and deliver ingredient solutions and precision premixes for use in the mainstream food and beverage, infant and clinical, and functional nutrition markets. We are the number one provider of whey-based nutritional ingredients globally and the number one producer of American-style cheddar cheese. Our protein systems have transformed the bar and beverage categories — bringing increased levels of protein, cleaner labels and greater product functionality to market. We have a direct presence in 21 countries, with manufacturing facilities in the US, Germany and China, and international sales and technical offices around the world.-
Provide strategic direction and leadership to engage entire plant operation in continuously improving Engagement, Safety, Quality, Productivity, Operational Excellence and Costs. Develop a leadership that ensures all plant employees can improve and sustain a zero loss work culture that drives out injuries and ensures products are safe and meet quality specifications. Manage all aspects of a 24/7 plant operation ensuring budget, output, and continuous improvement by engaging all employees. Directs, administers, and coordinates theactivities of the organization in support of policies, goals, and objectives established by the company.
- Create an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire teams to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term.
- Be an active and visible change agent, promoting flexible and open mindsets to new opportunities.
- Effectively executes the strategic plant and direction for all production initiatives and in conjunction with global initiatives.
- Drive collaboration within site and across network activities, cross-functional planning, and decision making.
- Accountable for overall budget and financial performance of product manufacturing operations.
- Proactively promote positive Safety Culture and GMP operating principles.
- Continuous improvement of manufacturing procedures and related equipment in collaboration with Production, Engineering and Quality.
- Participate in the development of manufacturing, productivity, and financial goals and manage operations so that all departmental and site goals are met.
- Ensure GMP compliance and inspection readiness for product manufacturing operations at all times. Actively support internal and external inspection activities.
- Provides the leadership necessary to recruit supporting personnel as required and approved, manages the training and mentoring of new personnel, and directs their activities toward the achievement of all company key results and production programs and goals.
- Continuously monitor deviations in the area of responsibility and define and implement sustainable measures to reduce deviations. Promote problem identification and a culture of proactive problem prevention.
- Coach and develop supervisors and junior staff via effective development planning. Manage the performance planning process for all direct reports. Coordinate department level hiring and staffing plans.
- Optimize production operations through the startegic management of personnel, operational and mechanical resources.
- Identify on-going opportunities for improvement that enables the facility to develop to its optimum profit potential and decrease the cost of production.
- Utilizes GPS processes, driving zero losses and upholds the culture of Glanbia non-negotiables.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure after hours response in the event of plant outage and emergencies.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-yearcollege or university in a related field; at least 10 years prior experience in themanufacturing industry or similar industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups ofmanagers, clients, customers, and thegeneral public.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety ofinstructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of software applications in Aucad, Access, PowerPoint presentation, Excel Spreadsheets and MSWord Processing
Typical Physical Activity
- Regularly involves talking or listening, standing and walking, and the use of hands and fingers.
- Frequently involves reaching with hands and arms, standing and walking
- Occasionally involves crouching, stooping, kneeling and/or climbing or balancing.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Involves moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
- Should be able to identify and distinguish colors, see clearly at 20 inches or closer and 20 feet or more, observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, judge distances and spatial relationships, and adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
Typical Environmental Conditions
- May be exposed to loud noise levels (i.e. manufacturing equipment).
- May be exposed to humidity, intense heat, and fumes and toxic chemicals.
- May work in areas with mechanical moving parts, above ground with risk of fall, or areas with risk of electrical shock.
- Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.