World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serves more than 3,6 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
Air Liquide Large Industries provides our customers with industrial gas and energy solutions that are vital to their own industrial production. We own and operate over 2,000 miles of industrial gas pipelines in the U.S. supplying mainly oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen and syngas in large quantities from multiple production sources to major customers in the chemicals, petrochemicals, refining and steel industries. Our pipeline operations and industrial gas production facilities are closely monitored 24/7 within our leading-edge operations control center located in Houston, Texas. Our operations control group monitors over 89,000 data points and assists with product supply and coordination. We are constantly optimizing our supply network to provide high reliability and energy efficiencies allowing Air Liquide to adjust supply needs more quickly and effectively enabling growth to our customers.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
The Eastern Basin Plant Manager leads 3 locations (Beaumont LMA, Nederland and Port Neches Complex) to provide safe, reliable, quality and cost effective product to the customers. This role is designed for a strong operational leader that can lead/manage, site production/maintenance managers, customers and community leaders while achieving the zone targets.
- Takes ownership in operating the facilities (Beaumont LMA, Nederland and Port Neches Complex) in compliance with all governmental regulations and Air Liquide policies
- Works to achieve "Zero Accidents" by taking a strong leadership role in safety
- Meets or exceeds company safety standards; maintains Life Critical systems
- Keeps hazard analysis current; has knowledge of possible hazards and safeguards
- Can effectively and safely troubleshoot/resolve process issues to keep the plants whole
- Strictly adheres to Management of Change (MOC) procedure
- Maintains all necessary licenses/permits; meets 100% environmental compliance
- Reports and investigates all incidents; ensures corrective actions are completed and drives continuous improvement
- Develops, implements, and improves Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in operations and maintenance
- Leads by example and effectively communicates to plant personnel and support groups.
- Works effectively with maintenance and operations personnel to execute/improve predictive and preventive maintenance programs
- Consistently achieves availability and reliability targets for the Eastern Basin
- Identifies and drives efficiency improvements in operational and organizational systems
- Maintains high housekeeping standards to exemplify/improve company image
- Tracks key performance indicators; takes corrective action as needed
- Owns and maintains accurate key operating documents
- Identifies and implements opportunities to reduce costs within delegated authorization
- Develops and manages plant budgets to meet financial targets for the business and Basin
- Ensures that performance evaluations, hiring, and promotions are performed and free of discrimination
- Insists on adherence to administrative and operational policies and procedures
- Provides training and coaching for individual development
- Verifies that all operations personnel have completed their annual training plan
- Team player that can effectively work within the Air Liquide organization
- Fosters positive customer relationships; proactive in resolving customer concerns
- Assists Commercial Managers as needed
- Actively participates in local industrial group and community associations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of applicable experience in plant management in industrial gas or chemical processes
- Demonstrated commitment to Safety, Health and Environment
- Demonstrated capability to lead diverse teams, drive operational excellence, troubleshoot process issues and achieve results
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for operating plants, including Process Safety Management, OSHA regulations, EPA regulations, EEOC guidelines, state and local requirements.
- Strong technical and working understanding of air separation.
- Able to use common office/google software; ability to learn Air Liquide software systems
- Extremely organized and effective at time management
- Ability to read and red-line key operating documents
- Displays mechanical and electrical aptitude; ability to troubleshoot production problems
- Able to work long extended hours as required by the business and situation.