Plant Manager - Food Manufacturing
5 - 7 years experience • Food & Beverage
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Food Science, Operations Management or related field.
- 5+ years manufacturing experience in Food, Beverages, CPG, Chemical or related industry.
- 3+ years in a significant plant leadership role.
- Change management skills required.
- Experience in multiple pillars of TPM required.
- Experience with FDA a plus.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the manufacturing plant. In this role, you will have accountability for advancing and sustaining continuous improvement to deliver quality, customer service, safety, innovation, working capital and cost commitments. The Plant Manager will formulate and approve short and long-term operating objectives in areas such as cost reduction, quality improvement, new product development and/or integration at the plant level. Success in this role relies on the ability to build relationships and fully engage all employees in business improvement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute plant-specific strategic vision, mission and objectives to assure continuous improvement and alignment with the Company’s vision, mission and objectives.
- Drive employee engagement, training and development to maximize safety, quality, and productivity.
- Provide direct oversight for the operations management team including production, engineering, maintenance, planning, procurement, quality, and safety along with a strong connection to both finance and human resources.
- Provide leadership for assessing and enhancing plant capabilities.
- Develop and manage facility budget including capital expenditures and cost management.
- Assure regulatory compliance including but not limited to OSHA, EPA, USDA, FDA, FLSA, EEO, OFCCP and NLRB.
- Ensure all quality standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded, drive continuous process/manufacturing improvements and collaborate with Research and Development in product development and implementation.
- Develop a culture based on open/honest dialogue and involvement of all team members that demonstrates the value of their input/engagement in improving performance.
- Drive a culture of high performance and accountability in employee and product safety as well as other aspects of the business.
- Collaborate with Human Resources and other function leaders to create and execute effective employee relations processes and develop managers to do the same in order to maintain a positive working environment