Superior career opportunity for a Plant Manager with a premier firm!!!
Company is seeking a Plant Manager that will be a key player in the organization, helping shape its vision and mission through excellent practices.
Why this is a great organization to join:
Client is an established firm with years of progressive growth; Great reputation in the industry; Quality work and loyal client base; Profitable; Privately owned; Strong leadership team and seasoned staff; Focused on growth; Low turnover; Fun and enjoyable work environment; Fast-paced; Team oriented.
The Plant Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and effectively managing the day-to-day operations as well as long term operations initiatives within the respective facility. The primary focus will be the effective execution of operational strategies and tactics that will successfully drive pre-determined Key Performance Indicators that supportpersonnel safety, product quality, timely service level, waste and cost control.
- Communicates and shares company vision throughout the operation and provides cross-functional support with perspective, direction and alignment.
- Creates strategies, tactics and processes to support growth, cost containment, quality and personnel safety.
- Promotes a positive culture that values people in their development and growth. Fully supports their training and skillset enhancement.
- Provides the necessary leadership and interpersonal skills that supports a culture of trust, transparency mutual respect and accountability.
- Develops financial plans that optimizes resources and drives financial results.
- Understands and supports operational standards and regulatory requirements.
- Fosters a sense of urgency, cooperation and coordination.
- Aligns functional disciplines to create an effective and cohesive operational team.
- Communicates, supports and enforces company policies, procedures and protocols in a positive and constructive manner.
DUTIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for all activities at the respective site to include but not limited to manufacturing/production, maintenance, sanitation, inventory control, health and safety, capital equipment planning and execution, budget cost controls and process improvements.
- Supports the safety of on-site personnel through training as well as the reduction of unsafe acts and unsafe conditions.
- Supports quality in delivering consistent food safety, product protection and process design that will minimize process variation.
- Enforces Good Manufacturing Practices at all times.
- Actively supports process standardization, documentation and root cause analysis in order to initiate corrective and preventative actions with permanent countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence of nonconformance incidents.
- Develops and maintains cost controls within budgetary targets.
- Fosters a data driven culture for problem solving as well as process improvement.
- Coordinates timely and accurate report outs.
- Is the primary owner of asset stewardship.
- Has a strong working knowledge of process capabilities, capacities and constraints.
- Seeks out opportunities for process optimization and improvement.
- Possesses a Bachelor's Degree in Food Science or related discipline with at least 15+ years of experience in a food processing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and direct multiple functional disciplines within a facility.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and team building skills.
- Strong understanding of food safety and product protection.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal / written). Spanish speaking a plus.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple assignments, while driving a high sense of urgency and accountability.
- Ability to drive positive change.
- Ability to seek out and leverage new methods, processes and protocols in order to drive process improvement.
- Computer proficiency, with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs