Evoqua Water Technologies is searching for a dynamic Plant Manager to take on the responsibility of overseeing plant activities in order to meet business objectives. The successful candidate will be accountable for all aspects of plant performance and will ensure that objectives are attained in a safe, cost-effective manner that’s consistent with quality requirements. The Plant Manager will also delegate authority to key supervisors in production, manage all functions involved and direct and coordinate operations for the Ion Exchange water treatment products and services we provide.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Meet all safety goals and develop training schedules.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets. Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Directs production and ensures cost effectiveness and consistency with prescribed quality, accuracy, and performance standards.
- Planning, organizing, directing and running optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintains plant property and equipment to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and to ensure effective and economical operations.
- Increasing production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Prepares and submits operating reports to management to inform them of current production status and to make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assures effective customer service and relations through timely delivery of quality products.
- Responsibility for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Selects, trains, develops, and motivates manufacturing staff to maintain plant operations.
- Assures compliance of all plant operations with company policy and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Influence and learn from below
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business / Management field required, 7 years of manufacturing leadership, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- 2-5 years of experience in heavy industrial environment with previous experience as a front-line supervisor.
- Proven leadership and communication skills
- Experience in estimating, developing and budgeting compliance both labor and materials, managing/creating capital expenditure requests and budget forecasting.
- Strong background in Lean Manufacturing including process flow, 5S, inventory reduction and Value Stream Mapping
- Strong background in ISO 9001:2015 requirements
- Engaging personality with good verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and customers