EnerSys Advanced Systems is seeking a Plant Manager to oversee the Quallion Products facility in Sylmar, California. This position reports directly to the Vice President of EnerSys Advanced Systems. The Plant Manager is responsible for overseeing all phases of Quallion Medical and Space markets including Business Development Manufacturing, Quality Control, Environmental Health & Safety, Project Control, and facility/physical plant up-keep and capital improvements. You will be required to work closely with the team to increase efficiency, productivity and profitability.
- Provide strong leadership for the successful day to day operation of the Sylmar operation;
- Promote and foster a strong team culture with open and transparent communications;
- Management of employee productivity and performance;
- Work closely with quality personnel to review product consistency to determine trends and areas of improvement;
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality;
- Support and maintain a best practice safety and housekeeping program, including timely related communication initiatives;
- Develop and execute the site facility budget;
- Carry out on-going analysis of workforce requirements/resource planning;
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment;
- Review and evaluate supplier relationships
- Respond to project related problems and pursues/implement appropriate remedies;
- Assume responsibility for cost controls;
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence;
- Ensure the facility adheres to legislative/legal compliance;
- Provide technical expertise where appropriate throughout the business;
- Working with the Business Development team to develop and support business opportunities;
- Working with the facility's Finance support teams in Sylmar and Reading, the Project Management Team, as well as the Business Development Manager, manage the annual budgeting and planning process
- Working with the facility’s Finance support teams in Sylmar and Reading, the Project Management Team, as well as the Business Development Manager, provide detailed monthly updates to the annual forecast.
- Oversee short and long-term financial and managerial reporting;
- Contribute to short and long-term organization strategy as the senior member of the management team;
- Final authority on spend within EAS authorization limit for the facility.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and able to liaise across all areas of the facility and all levels within the EAS organization globally;
- Strong leadership and team building skills to be able to develop and improve performance through all employees at the facility;
- Previous experience/best practices in implementing and using continuous improvement / lean tools, for example, Six Sigma, Transactional Lean to be able to drive continuous improvement;
- Ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills;
- Ability to promote team work across all disciplines within the Company
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible to meet changing business requirements / priorities;
- Excellent knowledge of quality assurance principles, methods and implementation;
- Excellent project, planning, change and time management capabilities to ensure timely delivery of projects;
- Ability to analyze the business needs and implement appropriate strategies;
- Strong understanding of budgeting/expense management with a basic understanding of financial and accounting practices;
- Highly motivated and results oriented to be able to drive strategies to successful completion.
- Degree educated in relevant discipline;
- Ambitious and career minded individual with a minimum of 7+ years’ management experience in the Space and/or Medical industry (or related industry);
- Demonstrable technical expertise preferred;
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- This facility performs work on government contracts that are ITAR controlled; therefore, the individual must be a US citizen or have a permanent resident card.
- Willingness to travel as needed. Approximately 25%