Less than 5 years experience • Building Materials
Plant Manager - Two Locations
My client is looking for a Plant Manager to operate two locations (one is Kansas and one in Illinois). They will report directly to the Regional Operations Manager. They will need to ensure that company policies and procedures are followed, promote a culture of safety, support quality assurance and continuous improvement programs, and ensure that standards are met. Fostering an atmosphere of teamwork, accountability, and employee development is critical for success.
· Primarily responsible for meeting performance targets and managing plant to budget.
· Ensure all regulatory and internal compliance requirements are satisfied.
· Responsible for leading continuous improvement, reducing costs, meeting quality standards, and ensuring superior customer service and on-time delivery.
· Responsible for operations planning and sequence for manufacturing products.
· Responsible for developing people and teams to support business requirements.
· Support product management in developing and driving marketing strategy.
· Support capital activities from initiation through implementation.
· Provide daily, weekly, monthly reports, and presentations as required.
· Possess the ability and willingness to coach/develop employees to maximum potential.
· Ensure company policies and procedures, plant wide safety rules, and employee rules of conduct are enforced in accordance with policy and the collective agreement.
· Responsible for managing employment at the Emporia site.
· Production and Process management; in a continuous process high volume environment.
· Capable of coordinating and managing multiple responsibilities.
· Good time management and organizational skills.
· Strong PC skills; MS Office, database management.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to interface well at all levels of the organization.
· Bachelor’s DegreeREQUIRED
· Engineering (strong preference) or Business Administration acceptable
· Possess a manufacturing background with experience in Lean manufacturing.
· Requires 3-5years of direct experience with production supervision responsibility; prefer Union experience.
· Must be available on off-shifts and weekends as needed
My Client offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package including salary, bonus and relocation (if needed). Due to ITAR regulations at this site US Citizenship or possession of valid green card is required and not negotiable.