11 - 15 years experience • Automotive
Is one of the world's premier provider of awnings, shade products and accessories to the global Recreational Vehicle market, Marine OEM and Aftermarkets. They develop, manufacture, market and sell shade products and accessories featuring exceptional, proprietary customerexperience promoting high margin returns in the recreational, home and commercial markets.
YOUR LEADERSHIP ROLE
STRATEGIC AND OPERATIONAL
- Provide leadership and direction for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility across all shifts.
- Develop and execute an annual plan supporting the company’s strategic objectives that will increase margins and establish quality and safety performance measures.
- Maintain plant safety, adhering to all regulatory guidelines, ensuring a safe workplace for all employees.
- Establish and achieve business objectives in the areas of safety, cost, quality, customer service and efficiency.
- Coordinate production activities with the Director of Supply Chain, Scheduling, Procurement, Receiving and Shipping to ensure cohesion among the inputs and outputs of the manufacturingprocess.
- Identify new capital projects necessary to fulfill projected customer demand and meet technology needs.
- Drive continuous improvement activities using lean six-sigma tools and methodologies.
- Drive initiatives to maximize employee contribution in both product quality and production efficiency.
- Develop and utilize metrics to meet established objectives and drive continuous improvement.
- Lead process and product understanding and improvement activities for different products and their associated processes.
EMPLOYEE AND PLANT FOCUS
- Lead a team comprised of a Production Manager with four (4) Area Managers and four (4) Supervisors reporting, a Maintenance Facility Manager and an Industrial Engineer. Total workforce of 250 and two work shifts.
- Ensure all managers, supervisors, leads and production workers are properly trained to perform their job functions in an efficient and safe manner.
- Drive accountability for performance by maintaining prompt and accurate reporting systems on all aspects of plant operations.
- Analyze and establish workforce requirements to meet customer demand and business objectives.
- Ensure production goals are continuously met within applied labor standards.
- Ensure the plant and equipment is maintained in a safe, operable, neat, and orderly fashion.
- Maintain a tour ready, clean facility at all times.
YOUR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Manufacturing processes experience expertise.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a manufacturing career track.
- 5+ years leadership and management experience in manufacturingoperations as a Plant Manager, Senior Production, Production Manager or an equivalent position.
- Team leader focused on employee growth and development.
- Experience managing and leading organizational change.
- Solid analytical and technical skills.
- In depth Six Sigma and/or Lean methodology experienceDeep understanding and concern for employee safety as well as environmental regulations.
- Plant start-up experiencepreferred.
- B.S. in Business Management or Engineering (Industrial Engineeringpreferred)