Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 174 days ago
The Plant Manager IV provides leadership and direction to the plant in all areas of responsibility including administration, production, processing, packaging, quality, maintenance, warehousing, shipping, purchasing, safety, and environmental.
* Directs the overall activities of the manufacturing facilities of the plant to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, produced and shipped at the lowest possible cost to meet the customers’ requirements while maintaining corporate established quality standards.
* Analyzes plant operations to ensure that the facility maintains a leadership position in the industry and that it takes advantage of new processes and technologies that become available.
* Is responsible for expense control, including shrink, labor and overhead costs utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques.
* Develops annual manufacturing expense budget in accordance with forecasted sales volumes and planned inventory levels.
* Develops and manages implementation of plant capital budget.
* Provides reliable and accurate information to finance to ensure that end of month closing schedules are met.
* Ensures that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOP’s) are developed and maintained for all aspects of the business.
* Is responsible for expense management and control, including shrink, labor and overhead costs utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
* Implements plant safety programs and ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices (GMP’s).
* Is responsible for the Food Security Policy/Program to assess potential food securityrisks and to ensure food security preventive measures are being implemented and routinely audited regarding the manufacturing, handling and storage of all food ingredients as well as finished goods.
* Is responsible for all corporate, customer and government audits to ensure compliance.
* Is responsible for environmental compliance.
* Collaborates with other plant managers within Dean Foods to share best practices.
* Acts as a liaison with Distribution, Sales and Customer Service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction in helping to address customer inquiries, problems and concerns.
* Is responsible for maintaining proper staffing levels, employee performance evaluations, discipline, and employee commendation.
* Is responsible for the overall succession planning and development of plant management staff.
* For those facilities with a collective bargaining agreement, additional responsibilities will include assisting in contract negotiations, grievances and arbitrations and all aspects of contract management.
* Ensures compliance with all Dean Corporate policies and procedures.
* Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
* Has supervisory responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
*Bachelor’s degree (BS) required and a minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience, including two years as a Plant Manager.
* Internal Candidates: A minimum of 7 years experience, with a minimum of 2 years as a Plant Manager.
* Must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of regulatory laws and responsibilities as it relates to processing, filling and general facility standards.
* Thorough understanding of budgeting and cost control.
* Proven track record of improved results in the areas of quality, safety, service and cost.
* Union (For Union Facilities), Safety, and Workers Compensation knowledge preferred.
* Demonstrates a passion for learning and a willingness to build new skills.
* Must be able to define, diagnose, and resolve problems.
* Ability to have an organization-wide perspective and understand how the business operates.
* Ability to understand the vision of the organization and translate it into specific plans and actions that achieve desired results.
* Must be a strong executor who has the ability to assist with strategy development at all levels of the organization to drive business performance.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer based applications.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change
* Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management levels within the company, and external stakeholders.
* Ability to successfully influence peers and senior leadership.
* Ability to recruit, hire, develop, coach, and mentor talent for current and future needs.
* Ability to recognize opportunities to simplify processes and create efficiencies.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).