Reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations, the Plant Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the manufacturing plant. This includes developing efficiency strategies to ensure production goals are met at optimal manufacturing cost while upholding a safe work environment and meeting all regulatory obligations. The Plant Manager works with their staff to direct day to day and continuous improvement in EHS, quality and customer satisfaction, asset utilization, scheduling, inventory, and resource development.
- Create functional short and long range strategies to support business growth within the allowances of annual operating budget and strategic directives.
- Increase production, optimize asset utilization and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Direct day to day operations through staff personnel
- Analyze and allocate resources effectively for optimal results
- Work with Production, Maintenance and Engineering management staff to develop and prioritize long term proactive strategies to anticipate, identify and analyze efficiency needs.
- Establish budget and KPI targets for plant activities. Monitor and trigger corrective actions as needed, provide focus for continuous improvement.
- Interact with agencies, consultants, and third party auditors as needed to maintain high level of compliance within the facility.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices and emerging concepts.
- Have a thorough understanding of the IC tools and processes to assist the management team in appropriate application and development of all staff/professionals.
- Create positive, trusting relationship with work group and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Use data analysis results to identify key enablers for successful implementation of improvement efforts
- Lead and develop EHS programs with staff members to achieve zero harm through building a positive a safety culture focused on influencing behaviors.
- Delegate authority to key supervisors in the plant, manage all functions involved and direct and coordinate operations for the successful process operations
- At least 5 to 15 years of proven plant management experience.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements applicable to operating plants
- Ability to effectively manage and delegate while maintaining forward motion on key results and deliverables
- Strong team building, decision-making, and people management skills
- Ability to create accountability and lead by example
- Strong oral/written communication skills. Strong attention to detail. Self-starter.
- Lead root cause analysis of complex information to develop appropriate conclusions that may require finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Power Point, along with good organizational, time management and general office skills.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Advanced applied degree (MS) preferred.