As one of the fastest-growing Third Party Logistics / 3PL companies in North America, we’re looking for an experienced PLANT MANAGER.
- Create direction for departments by having daily and weekly meetings with the direct reports
- Maintain and improve employee morale by facilitating team building and communication within department.
- Assist in interviewing and will be part of making final hiring decisions
- Direct, coordinate, and assign work activities to all employees under supervision in facility and monitor, review and evaluate work product, methods, and procedures of those employees.
- Develops and manages operations budgets to ensure compliance with the company and the customer
- Communicates with customers to handle any escalated partner service issues or complaints.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment
- Enforce company policies/procedures and corresponding work instructions
Determine the number of hourly and salary personnel according to the needs of the business
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years of experience at an operational level related to logistics/supply chain management.
- Third Party Logistics experience.
- General understanding of problem-solving using root cause analysis, safety, labor relations, and worker’s compensation
- Understanding of lean processing principles
- ERP/WMS proficiency (SAP preferable)
- Exceptional leadership skills- managing salaried and hourly employees
- Demonstrated successes related to launching operations or turnarounds