8 - 10 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Growing industrial manufacturer is looking for an experienced plant manager.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the profit and loss of a Company location, and it is responsible for the overall management and coordination of production functions of the location.
Works under general direction of a GMO; relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required. Leads and directs the work of others.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Staffs, develops and coaches the operations, sales, production and administrative management team, evaluates performance and initiates corrective action as required.
· Ensures that all plant assets are properly managed and safeguarded.
· Develops operating budgets and capital expenditure recommendations.
· Evaluates plant's performance to budget. Plans and initiates corrective action as required.
· Develops and/or approves production objectives, goals and operating long and short-range plans.
· Ensures that job classifications and compensation levels are relevant to the labor market and are in-line with cost goals.
· Negotiates Vendor contracts.
· Leads the operation's new product development initiatives.
· Responsible for operating within established inventory parameters.
· Responsible for product costing and burden accuracy.
· Approves account payables and payroll.
· Develops and/or approves specific operating policies and procedures as required.
· Ensures that operation complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations and all Company policies and procedures.
· Participates as an active member of the plant Safety Committee and ensures that plant operations are consistent with Company and OSHA policies, practices and procedures
· Prepares various regular and special reports as required.
· Performs other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree in administration, or related discipline or equivalent experience is required.
· Minimum7+ years work experience as a plant manager in an industrial manufacturing environment
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Preferredexperience and knowledge on organization, culture, and product lines
Skills and abilities
· Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking
· Ability to successfully interact with all organizational levels and the public
· Demonstrated proficiency to manage multiple tasks and activities at once, to organize and set priorities, and to meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability to prepare plans and budgets.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, coach and develop subordinates.
· Demonstrated ability to be mobile in the work environment and travel as required.
· Ability to apply business math to manufacturing processes.
· Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze, and use financial information and reports as a management tool.
· Ability to use a computer terminal, and proficiency of the use of MS Office and other business software
· Demonstrated skills in leading projects and other people
· Demonstrated skills in improving processes and develop efficiencies in operation processes
· Ability to understand the conditions of the market place and present solutions to challenging times.
· Ability to pass a drug test
· Self-managing; works well under little supervision
· Highly motivated and enthusiastic
· Good interpersonal skills and good communicator
· Strong organization skills and detail oriented
· Be a team player and support the Company’s goals
· Conducts in a professional manner