Salary: $125K - $140K + Up to 20% Annual Performance Bonus
The Memphis Plant Manager is responsible for day-to-day operational activities related to the Plant as well as to the Storage and Feed Systems installed at the 2 other sites in Memphis, TN. This is a multi-faceted role that wears many hats. As a small site, you are required to roll your sleeves up and change direction regularly. You can consider working on any of the following on a regular basis: Production, Shipping, Planning, Process/Project Engineering & Leadership. This position is responsible for all aspects of the operation of the Plant including demand and production planning, purchasing, inventory management, production and shipping; ultimately ensuring that plant operates in a safe, environmentally compliant and cost-effective manner. The position is also responsible for managing the production workforce and administrative staff.
This is a customer facing role since production staff will also perform daily operation and preventive maintenance tasks at the other sites and Feed Systems. The ability to maintain customer satisfaction while ensuring achievement of corporate targets will be critical for the position.
The Memphis Plant Manager will be pivotal in commissioning the production facility and maintaining product distribution and operations management to the Storage and Feed system at the same time. The Plant Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing site-specific documentation, procedures, protocols, EHS, distribution programs and maintenance/production reports. The Plant Manager will work very closely with project managers, construction managers, engineers and outside engineering firms to develop and perform commissioning and operation successfully.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure that safety policies and programs are closely adhered to at both the Plant and the PAA Storage and Feed Systems located at customer sites.
- To create as well as maintain a well-documented site-specific safety program and ensure production staff is fully trained on a regular basis.
- To coordinate operation and maintenance activities with customer personnel.
- To ensure effective communication with customer.
- To ensure disinfection system performs at specified set up levels at customer site and troubleshoots issues not producing appropriate results; may work with Waste Water technical specialists for non-routine issues.
- Maintain weekly product invoice database with monthly application performance reporting directly to the Memphis customer; strong attention to the customer's discharge permits, Tennessee Wastewater Regulations and disinfection system performance is pivotal.
Production / Shipping Planning:
- To oversee the daily activities of the operator technicians to ensure on timely delivery of the product to the customer.
- To partner with supply chain/logistics functions to plan and execute the delivery schedule in order to maintain desiredinventory levels and proper scheduling of capacity utilization.
- To ensure feed stock materials, work in-process and/or product sampling are completed, tested and verified to meet specifications.
- To ensure maintenance of equipment is scheduled in accordance with PM practices in conjunction with production schedule.
- To perform monthly inventory verifications, conduct transactions in SAP documenting activities with production, raw materials and packaging supplies.
Process / Project Engineering:
- To troubleshoot process safety, capacity, efficiency and operability issues by determining the nature of the issue and contributing to finding solutions.
- To troubleshoot quality issues responding to customers' issues.
- To manage, update and issue Standard Operating Procedures as necessary.
- To provide day-to-day operational support and training.
- To support individual/team developmental activities to continuously enhance operator skills and foster a working environment to support self-directed work teams.
- To manage the scheduling of operation technician shifts.
- To develop and maintain mechanical integrity program.
- Will be directly involved with hiring plant personnel, training and safe work/OSHA reporting.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- BS Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3-5+ years in customer facing roles.
- 3-5+ years of experience working directly in a production or service role in a chemical production environment.
- 3-5+ years supervisory experience, plus 5-10 years in professional level experience.
- Computer savvy, familiarity with SAP is a plus.
- A strong technical background is required.
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on customer relations.
Key Competencies :
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage time and priorities effectively.
- Strong analytical, organizational and leadership abilities.
- Ability to interact collaboratively with other departments within the plant as well as outside technical resources.