Baton Rouge Area
Client is currently seeking a Plant Manager for a major new monomers plant. Reporting to the VP Manufacturing, The position will report to the Site Manager and be accountable for all manufacturing metrics of that plant. Up to 4 Production Engineers, a Plant Supervisor Lab Manager will report to this position.
- Continually optimize plant operations to maximize the Efficiency and On-Stream-Time of the manufacturing equipment
- Monitor and address daily production and quality metrics
- In conjunction with the EHS department, drive EHS excellence in the plant
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures that meet ISO9001 and PSM requirements
- Minimize/eliminate out of specification production by ensuring equipment is maintained in the condition that is required
- Conduct thorough non-conforming product and customer complaint investigations necessary to identify root causes. Drive effective corrective/preventive actions to eliminate quality issues
- Investigate/identify causes of product waste in order to minimize generation
- Apply troubleshooting/problem solving techniques and resources, as required, to quickly respond to operational issues
- Collaborate with Maintenance and Engineering, as needed, to address production bottlenecks and equipment issues
- Train the salaried and hourly staff, as appropriate, on technical matters
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering
? Minimum 10 years of leadership experience in chemical plant operations including a minimum of 3 yrs (consecutive) and 5 yrs (total) of chemical manufacturing management.
? Experience reacting highly hazardous chemicals.
? Prefer production experience in Acrylonitrile, Acetonitrile, or methyl methacrylate MMA).
? Oleum experience a plus.
- Experience in PSM, environmental and other regulatory requirements
- Plant design, construction, and commissioning experience is a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to continual improvement
- Comfortable in fast-paced, collaborative Operations department
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions.