Carlisle Construction Materials, a worldwide leading diversified manufacturer of premium building products and related technology has an immediate opening for a Plant Manager, at its Insulfoam plant in Puyallup, WA. The Plant Manager has the responsibility to manage long term strategies and day to day responsibilities of the manufacturing location. Major responsibilities include ensuring on time deliveries, product quality, cost management, plant safety, customer service, supplier selection and employee relations. The Plant Manager oversees all activities that take place with the EPS products produced at the Puyallup location and is charged with constantly trying to promote a Lean Manufacturing environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a manufacturing team to provide exceptional customer service at the lowest possible cost while maintaining a safe work environment. Specific duties include employee development/training, plant scheduling, interviewing, hiring/firing, customer contact, root cause analysis, financial tracking, safety implementation, supplier evaluation, and process improvement.
- Act as the "champion” of Lean Manufacturing for the facility. This includes orderly housekeeping (5S), adequate inventory turns, throughput time reduction, and advanced manufacturing techniques.
- Inventory control. This involves ordering all raw materials, supplies, and finished goods. The Plant Manager is also responsible for implementation of an inventory audit procedure to ensure accurate inventories are maintained at all times.
- Creating an environment for success among supervisory and production employees. It is pertinent that the Plant Manager convey an attitude that is positive and confident. He/she must direct their staff to achieve their highest level of performance while treating them with respect and dignity.
- Interaction with the rest of the company. Work with purchasing, environmental, health & safety, engineering, human resources, and corporate staff. The Plant Manager will be called upon to be the local expert for their plant regarding these topics.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Industrial Engineer, Mechanical Engineering or other related field
- Minimum of 8 years of upper level management experience within Operations, Production, or similar discipline
- Experience within the construction materials or building materials industry required
- EPS and lean manufacturing experience highly preferred
- Proficient in the use of social media, job boards, and other related recruiting tools.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build strong partnerships with all levels within the organization.
- Efficient problem solving skills with the ability to work in stressful situations.