At Bunge, people don’t just come here to work, they come here to grow – solving challenges that directly impact the world with a diverse team of thinkers and doers. Bunge offers a strong compensation and benefits package, generous paid time off program and opportunity to progress. Most importantly, in all we do we live our values:
• Act as One Team by fostering inclusion, collaboration, and respect
• Drive for Excellence by being agile, innovative and efficient
• Do What's Right by acting safely, ethically, and sustainably
The Plant Manager is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Red Oak, Iowa masa facility. Included are the day-to-day supervision of staff employees, career development of staff, mill costs and budgets, monitoring and ongoing improvement of facility productivity, capital projects, oversight of plant safety, risk management, sales and customers interaction with various corporate entities and other functions related to general operations of Bunge’s corn milling and masa operations.
- Maintain a clean and safe plant. Provide an injury-free work environment for employees, staff, contractors, visitors through engagement, JHAs, training programs, good work practices, Bunge standards, and proactive elimination of exposures. Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes. Maintain and improve housekeeping.
- Plan, organize and advise the production and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets.
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of staff, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital. Assure attainment of business objectives and productions schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed our customers’ expectations. Reduce costs and improve efficiencies in all areas of plant operations.
- Implement production strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports Bunge’s strategic initiatives.
- Oversee the facility’s environmental compliance.
- Establish controls and procedures to ensure ongoing compliance and a positive relationship with local, state and federal agencies.
- Lead and nurture a plant culture focused on safety, efficiency, accountability, and customer awareness.
- Foster a working environment that encourages employee involvement in the consistent improvement of plant processes, striving for optimal costs and efficiencies.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout all plant departments for safety leadership, problem solving and cost reduction.
- Encourage use of new techniques and focus on fact based problem solving.
- Improve staff utilization within existing departments and processes.
- Manage spending against budget and in relation to changes in production volume.
- Assure that collective bargaining agreements are effectively administered and that employee grievances are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Maintain individual skills keeping up to date with latest production and production management concepts.
- Operate the site at the highest levels of efficiency by managing equipment reliability and OEE and managing site spending and expenses to minimum levels required to meet site strategy
- Ensure the proper planning, design and implementation of capital and expense projects consistent with site strategy.
- Establish and maintain a positive community relationship.
- Ensure proper maintenance of site equipment and infrastructure.
- Confers regularly with senior management to ensure that production objectives and business goals are being met.
- Lead the capital project process ensuring effective projects are completed on time within budget that meet Bunge’s strategic goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Milling Science, Engineering or technical or relevant field required.
- A minimum 10 years management and supervisory experience in plant operations with a minimum of 5 years in the milling industry or closely related field required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills are critical.
- Strong organizational skills required so as to constantly keep in touch with various departments of the organization.
- Collaborate closely with all business functions.
- Superior communication skills in dealing with all levels of staff, including hourly workforce and senior management.
- Proficiency in MS Office required, solid understanding of SAP strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in financial matters is also important to be successful in this role as much of the position entails meeting the budget and productivity requirements of the plant.
- Ability to work self-directed (day to day) with a high level of initiative, priority setting.
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge’s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Job Segment: Facilities, Plant Operator, Sustainable Agriculture, Plant Manager, Plant, Operations, Manufacturing, Agriculture.