Commercial Healthcare Laundry Specialists Healthcare
Location near Bridgeport, CT
Direct hire/Great Compensation w/Benefits
Bonus up to 20%
• Under direct supervision of the Vice President
• Responsible for the production operations, facilities, fleet maintenance and purchasing support of the Company’s operations.
• Provide direction, leadership and management to the plant management team
• Responsible for the decision making, direction and coordination of the efficient processing of all linen products including production planning and control, engineering, production inspection, plant maintenance, purchasing and inventory control.
• Provide plant and processing ideas, insights and expertise.
• Maximize profits and return of investments, and to fulfill our prime directive to be a low cost producer within a sales and service culture.
• Evaluate the performance of plant equipment and recommend long-term capital purchases.
• Create and maintain a safe environment in all plant operations and enforce Company policies.
• Serve as Co-chairman of the Joint Loss Management Committee (JLMC) and member of Health, Environmental and Regulatory Compliance (HERC) Committee. Monitor and maintain experience modification factor to zero.
• Participate in senior management planning and problem solving on short and long-range goals and any issues directing the Company’s direction and focus.
• Manage production efforts, internally and with marketing/sales, finance and administration, engineering and human resource departments, in the development and implementation of profit-oriented programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage and supervise plant department managers. This includes hiring and training of direct management reports, providing direction and guidance, coaching and guidance, as well as conducting personnel evaluation and discipline related matters.
• Responsible for controlling plant operation costs and budgeting.
• Create and develop documentation of all plant operating procedures and policies.
• Ensure high performance in efficiency, accuracy and quality in all plant departments.
• Develop or introduce new program(s) for the advancement and utilization of innovative methods, manufacturing techniques, processes and systems, and develop and implement training for plant employees on the new program in order to keep our plant productivity on the leading edge of our industry.
• Direct plant management towards continuous improvement of processes, identify major areas for improvement, prioritize and coordinate with other departments as needed.
• Responsible for plant safety and loss prevention. As co-chairman of the JLMC and with direction from Human Resources, will lead the committee to ensure the safety and wellness of all employees. As member of the HERC Committee, promote a safe and healthy work environment, monitor and keep the Company in compliance with local, state and federal regulations dealing with environment, safety and health regulations, particularly those dealing the EPA and OSHA.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• College Degreerequired.
• Must have Linen/Laundry experience.
• 3+ years of plant management experience with strong leadership, team building and communication skills in a manufacturing or production environment.
• Proven experience in developing, setting and maintaining programs that ensures productive operations.
• Experience in the supervision of two or three levels of management and /or supervision.
• Knowledgeable in OSHA and EPA regulations and compliance.
• Demonstrated experience with manufacturing systems (e.g., Lean Manufacturing, or equivalent)
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.